WPMU Server response time is too slow

I have recently moved my site to WPMU DEV Hosting. I was running the performance test on the site and it returns an error that the "Server response is too slow".

That is the only thing that is bad in my Performance test and is significantly slowing the site down

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jess

I hope you're fine today and thank you for reaching out to us.

I checked the site and there's indeed a long TTFB. However, there are some additional issues that bothers me a bit there: I noticed that there are some ajax calls made by the site that take a lot of time to complete (and are sometimes timing out) that seem to be related to the WooCommerce plugin - but I don't see WooCommerce itself on the site.

Was it installed on the site before? After the site was transferred to our hosting - was there Hummingbird Asset Optimization reset and configured "from scratch" or was it just "carried over"?

I believe it's a live site so I didn't want to make any serious changes/testes without your prior permission first, so if you could please address my questions that could help. It would also be great if you could try - just for testing - to disable Asset Optimization and Page Caching in Hummingibrd entirely, then go to WPMU DEV Hosting panel and flush object cache there and check how the site behaves after that. This could give us some clue on what's causing the issue.

Looking forward to hear from you,
    Adam

• Jess
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for getting back with me.

So woocommerce is installed, however, I have a branding plugin that changes the "woocommerce" to "portlighttechnologies" I am not married to the idea of having to have the brand change. We can deactivate that plugin and see if it makes a difference.

There was a long drawn out problem with moving the site - you guys manually moved it. I believe because here on a multi-site it needs to be set to subfolders and I had it set to subdomains on the original.

Yes, this site is live - per se but not marketed - do what you need to make this right because this is going to be my template for creating other sites.

I am disabling the features you requested and clearing the cache.
    I will not have reinabled it - if you need me to, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jess

Thank you for your response and explanation.

Please accept my apology for such a long delay on my end. It's been a bit hectic here recently and we're trying to "catch up" as fast as possible.

As for the issue.

I noticed that you switched domain from our hosting and I understand that of course. However, I took a liberty of working a bit on the site on WPMU DEV host under its wpmudev.host doman (port-dev) checking some more aspects.

I've made some small changes there but one was important: I noticed that for some reason object-cache.php file and some "mu plugins" that are internal part of our hosting was removed from there (this shouldn't even be possible so I'm honestly not sure why and how) so I've brought them back. After that I increased site's memory limit and enabled page caching in Hummingbird back + flushed server object cache. It might take a while to re-build Hummingbird's page cache but it seems that the site's loading faster now.

Could you please take a look and see if it's better for you know too or if you feel it needs further adjustments? I can see some additional things that could possibly be changed but didn't want to "drastically" intervene so far before you check the site.

If necessary though, we'll work on it further.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jess

Thank you for your response!

I understand the decision to close the ticket but please let me know if you decide to give it another go and I'll include our admins in the case so they could check it. The issue seems to be related to specifics of the particular setup so while we'll keep an eye on performance of the sites hosted with us in general, I would need to ask our admins for consultation on this one - they'd need to check it.

We're here 24/7/yr so we can "jump back" into it at any time, whenever you decide to give it another go.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.