WPMU sub directory sites - one SSL to rule them all?

So I have searched through a bunch of threads, but none seem to have a solution that works for my situation. I have a multisite install, with an SSL purchased for the main domain, and I want it to cover the sub sites, which are in sub directories, and also each have their own domain. They are mapped like so mainsite.org/subsite which is mapped to subsite.org. Am I able to make this work with on wildcard SSL cert?

Thanks in advance!

• Rupok

Hi John

Hope you had a wonderful day.

SSL Certificates are domain specific. So a wildcard SSL Certificate bought for "abc.com" will work on "first.abc.com", "second.abc.com", "third.abc.com" and all other subdomains and definitely all sub-folders. But this certificate won't work for "first.com", even if "first.com" is mapped to "first.abc.com".

So if you buy a SSL Certificate for "mainsite.org", it will work for "mainsite.org/subsite" but won't work for "subsite.org".

To know more about Wildcard SSL Certificate, you can visit this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcard_certificate

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.