WPMU Subscribe by Email Plugin Hangs

Hi there,
I'm having trouble with the WPMU Subscribe by Email plugin. It seems to hang with the spinner when I try to submit an email address. I have tried disabling all plugins and clearing cache.
You can see the email widget on this page:
https://mumsbusiness.club/freebies/ (under SUPER SUBSCRIBERS)
Interestingly, the follow tab to subscribe at the bottom works

Can you please take a look for me? - I have granted support access :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Colin,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I had a look at your site and had no issues with subscribing to the email, you can see from this screenshot that the subscription was successful and I received confirmation email as well:

Perhaps it could be related to the browser, can you tell me which browser and OS you're using so I could try testing in same conditions?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Colin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predrag,
    Thanks for your prompt reply, the subscribe by email works using the follow tab as I had already mentioned, however using the subscribe by email widget does not work. I have tried several browsers.

Regards,
    Colin

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Colin,

Oh, I'm sorry, I misread the initial post, I tested it now and can see the issue you're referring to, however I'm unable to replicate it on my installation using Spirit theme.

I can see console error popping up in console when submitting the form and it's most likely because of a conflict with script in another plugin, can you try performing the basic troubleshooting by disabling other plugins to see if it works after that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Colin

Hi Predrag,
    Thanks for your message, I had tried disabling the plugins and clearing cache - I mentioned that in my initial post as well, haha :slight_smile:
    I have left them all disabled for you to see. The error in the inspect panel is: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined.
    This error only occurs after I try to submit an email address.
    Please let me know your thoughts.
    Regards,
    Colin

PS I have also tried re installing the subscribe by email plugin.

• Colin

Ok, this issue was related to the spirit theme. I tested in a staging environment and reinstalled the theme and its now working. I'm not sure what caused the problem with the theme but I had given access to support a few times so maybe something got changed inadvertently.
    Thanks for your help anyway,
    Colin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.