WPMU themes based on Zurb Foundation 4

The themes made available through WPMU are enabled for multisite and buddypress, but none are based on Zurb Foundation 4.

Is there any intent to have such a theme based on a Zurb Foundation structure?

• aecnu

Greetings BobSgt,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the themes.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• BobSgt

I am not very experienced with wordpress, php, html or css. Slowly learning what I need. As a coder from 30 years ago, I can read through most of the constructs, but still do not understand php syntax, html etc.

The typical theme pages and templates using php does not have a logical structure that is easy to follow. The concept behind Zurbs grid makes it MUCH easier for me to understand the structure and function of pages.

For what I am attempting to do, I have not found a theme that fills the bill, so I am working with child themes or starter themes.

But if I work with pages and templates (especially with starter themes), it ultimately requires a lot of hard coding of values which is not as desirable as working with a maintained theme framework, such as CyberChimps Responsive theme where I get a percentage of what I want from Cyber Chimp.

Right now there are a few other wp themes that support Foundation, and they are in the process of moving to foundation 4. None of theme were part of WPMU DEV, so that was the reason for the inquiry.

• aecnu

Greetings BobSgt,

Thank you for the kind and detailed information which is absolutely appreciated.

In my opinion your description sounds like what is commonly known as a Frame Work theme and indeed - though it is inside information - WPMU DEV is developing its very own Framework theme.

On the other hand it is far from release but definitely coming in the future.

Thank again for the detailed input!

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.