WPMU-Triden

Hi,

I located this code inthe sidebar

<!-- video feat -->

<?php
$tn_wpmu_tri_featured_vid = get_option('tn_wpmu_tri_featured_vid');
if($tn_wpmu_tri_featured_vid == ''){ ?>

And am wondering how to either activate it or simply use it?

I am having a heck of a time getting videos of any sort to play in this theme, YouTube plug-ins, the gammit, videos are just showing up as links

Any help would be appreicated,
Like the theme

• rgrone

Whelp, as I stated in an email to the author of this theme, I was emailing directly for help because and I am not being sarcastic here, it has been a rare occasion I've found the results contained within this forum to resolve my problems. So far, I've simply hacked my way until MU almost works, still can't dsiplay video, even put out a 50 reward to my team members to come in and make it work... no takers though

The standard answer I usually get is, "Wordpress does not support Web server 2008 installations"

So, I am going out a limb here, and guessing this theme won't work because I am using Web Server 2008, correct?

• Andrew

Hi,

Whelp, as I stated in an email to the author of this theme, I was emailing directly for help because and I am not being sarcastic here, it has been a rare occasion I've found the results contained within this forum to resolve my problems.

1) We're the same people you emailed. WPMU Dev premium is an Incsub service. As I stated in my reply to your email, we don't provide support via email. All support is provided here.

2) You're not finding 'results that resolve your problems' here in the forums because you're using IIS and most of your issues have been related to that. As stated numerous times IIS is not a recommended server for WPMU and therefore we have little experience with it. So I'm afraid it has less to do with the assistance we're trying to provide and more to do with the server you're using.

Now, as I mentioned in my reply to you're email we'll bring this to the theme designers attention. However, if you'd like to continue commenting about the lack of useful assistance you're getting I can just close the thread.

You constantly seem to be getting upset with us because we can't help you with your IIS issues and that's going to have to stop I'm afraid. You most definitely have the right to use whichever web server you want.

So, I am going out a limb here, and guessing this theme won't work because I am using Web Server 2008, correct?

This one may just be a theme issue. We'll see what Richard (theme designer) has to say.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Richie_KS

hi rgrone

the video features was removed in latest wpmu-triden version...since video
    embed can be used with text widget (tested and it embed ok)

did you try to embed a video code in text widget? not sure how the embed
    code on your side look like but mine are something started with <object width=/...>

if you still want to add in the video features to the theme option..open up
    functions.php and add this code somewhere in line 540:

array ( "name" => __("Insert your video embed code?"),
    "id" => $shortname . "_" . $short_prefix . "featured_vid",
    "inblock" => "custom-header",
    "box" => "3",
    "std" => "",
    "type" => "textarea"),

btw..flash or swf video code are not supported...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.