WPMU TTFB Load issue

Hi I am having an issue with Time To first Byte at http://www.MainStreet.us
After the first byte the load time is fantastic! Can anyone help?

Thanks
Matt

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Matt,

From what I've read, it seems to me the measurement is very much based on your web host. Here's a great article I found, one which you may already be familiar with.
    http://www.creativedevelopment.com.au/web-design/reducing-time-to-first-byte-ttfb/

I'll mention this thread to a couple other guys over to see if they have any insight on it. Out of curiosity though, what hosting service are you using?

Thanks,
    David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I've never really looked into that before but it was fun checking out my sites. Most of them are good but one (the largest multisite of them all) appears to pretty slow.

Nowhere near yours though - that's a bit much! It looks like you're hosted with Single Hop, is that right?

Perhaps get onto support about the slow time....

Phil

• mainstreet
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the replies!

David:
    the suggestions in the article you sent have helped quite a bit with the loadtime!
    My hosting company has informed me that there is a plugin or script on the site that keeps causing a problem. I have no idea which plugin / script it would be.

Phil:
    For hosting I am using TMDHOSTING.com its a bit pricey but has great support. I have it on a dedicated ATOM server which tends to under perform though. Do you know of a great host that offers fully managed dedicated servers and does well running WPMU?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya mainstreet,

My hosting company has informed me that there is a plugin or script on the site that keeps causing a problem. I have no idea which plugin / script it would be.

They should also be able to tell you which plugin/script :slight_smile:

Otherwise, I'd just disable each plugin one at a time and run another test. See if you notice anything drastically different with a certain plugin disabled.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.