WPMU+BuddyPress

Hey Guys!

I´ve got an issue about the wpmu+buddypress integration...

I want to run a installation that the WPMU must be the main installation, it´ll be just like edublogs, but to another segment, and I want the BuddyPress installation with another theme, but it must show the blog posts in the user activity stream... I want that ´cause my WPMU clients wants their users to integrate socially with their blogs, so I thought to do this using buddypress.

So I´m going to use a theme to the main site of the WPMU network, and another theme to the BP network, but I want it keep integrated, is it possible?

Thanks

Cheers!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Derekmelo,

So I´m going to use a theme to the main site of the WPMU network, and another theme to the BP network, but I want it keep integrated, is it possible?

Certainly it is possible but forewarning Buddy Press can be challenging.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Derekmelo,

Do I have to install WPMU and in a subsite run the BP?

Great question!

From what you earlier described that you want to do, you would install WPMU as normal, install the Buddy Press plugin, and activate Buddy Press on the sub domains that you desire.

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

• Derekmelo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

OK, I got it!

But my question is, if I install the WPMU, and BuddyPress in a subsite, will the buddypress installation show all the blogs activity in the users activity stream?

I mean, If I´m a client of my WPMU network I want my blog activity on my activity stream, and if I´m a normal user (user of my user) I can have a profile on the buddypress instalation and I can see the blog activity stream of the clients.

Is it possible?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Derekmelo,

But my question is, if I install the WPMU, and BuddyPress in a subsite, will the buddypress installation show all the blogs activity in the users activity stream?

Thank you for this great question.

I'll see if I can get a lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice... in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you've come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

If I understood the question correctly, I think that the default WordPress network+BuddyPress setup might work for your scenario. Basically, you'd install WordPress, create a network (http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network), then navigate to your network admin pages, install BuddyPress plugin and network activate it.

In this scenario, BuddyPress would be on "main" site of your network, and it would syndicate your users actions properly. If your main concern is the main page, you can still change the landing page for your site, apply different templates to it etc.

• Derekmelo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Guys!

I got a way to install the BP as a second blog on the network, the theme is different as I wanted but I just can not see the profile or member directory or group directory, I've already created the pages on the second blog and I set up the pages in BP configuration, but this thinks are not working...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.