Wpmudev Buddypress Wordpress Wibiya Bar

I noticed that edublogs is using the wibiya bar.

It is a lot more functional than the chat plugin bar

Is it possible to create an all singing wordpress/buddypress bar like wibiya?

That way we could keep it all Wordpress instead of using other systems.

Just like the buddypress activity stream bar
http://blog.slyspyder.com/?p=410

but have add link features, recommend this page to a friend, favourites, chat...

Anyone got any more ideas on this?

Cheers

Johnny

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Johnny,

Nice idea. I ~think~ that's part of the plan with the new WordPress admin bar that came with 3.1. Further work is being done to expand on how this bar can be used and I think we'll see more plugins tapping into this in the future.

I expect BuddyPress 1.3 will probably link into this as well

• Saunt Valerian
    • The Bug Hunter

I've been using Wibiya's lesser known competitor, Skysa, for over two years now. I pay for their white label service and have 3 customized bars running on three different websites.

They both came out about the same time, but Wibiya was better funded. Skysa has fallen by the wayside, and sometimes the developers are slow to respond to support requests, but they are thorough when they do. However, every time I look at Wibiya and consider switching over, I go back to Skysa because of the expense. I pay $100 a year for the white label service and that gives me up to 5 customized bars. You can't get that from Wibiya. Wibiya has more apps, but how many apps do you really need? Skysa seems to be the right answer for me.

skysa.com

You can see my primary and very simple implementation of it at Tea Trade

• Saunt Valerian
    • The Bug Hunter

That site is WP/BP - most of the Ajaxy is modern BuddyPress - though there is a lot built-in to the theme.

Skysa is just the bar at the bottom, and Tinypay is only on the marketplace page, but I do call on their API to populate some featured products on the front page.

All the teas are stocked by the sellers themselves (I'm just the middleman). It is very much a consumer-to-consumer Marketplace, with a few businesses participating too.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.