WPMUDEV Causing issues

The WPMU Dashboard is causing me two issues that I need to fix:

1) Googlebot found server errors, causing rating issues.

The logs show:
[Thu Jun 23 17:00:14.308910 2016] [:error] [] [client XX.48.XXX.XXX:55313] KILLED QUERY (79092 characters long generated in /nas/content/live/bullettmedia/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-sitemaps/wds-sitemaps.php:388)

It looks like the wpmu-dev-seo plugin is having a difficult time running a long query on the sitemaps. I think I may need to disable it?

2) Your dashboard is taking a heavy load on my site autoload data, I may need to disable. Have you heard this before?

• Nithin

Hi Michael Herman,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

It looks like the wpmu-dev-seo plugin is having a difficult time running a long query on the sitemaps. I think I may need to disable it?

Are you using WP Engine? The error log what you have produced, seems to be related when a plugin have task/process that's above the value set by the WP Engine, and hence WP Engine kills the process instead of getting it completed. Would recommend you to contact wpengine, in order to set an exception.

Your dashboard is taking a heavy load on my site autoload data, I may need to disable. Have you heard this before?

I'm not exactly sure what could be the reason, WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin does take a bit more resource than any basic plugin, you could make use of a performance plugins like P3, and check to find how the resources are allocated. And if possible, increase your memory limit: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

I hope this help. Please let us know how that goes, so that we could help troubleshoot it further. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.