WPMUDEV Chat not working!

Hi WPMUDEV Team

We installed the Chat module but it seems not to be working,

A grey bar shows up on the bottom right but no text gets displayed nor is it clickable or opening a chat window.

When logged out it is possible to open the chat window and it says that you have to be logged in to partcipate in the chat but after you logged in you can't open it!

Thanks Andi

• Luís

Hi Andi ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I tested "Chat" plugin with "Rocket Loader" feature from Cloudflare, but I was unable to replicate the issue.

Could you follow the flowchart of the below page to determine if another plugin/theme may be conflicting with this?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

By the way it is a bit strange as you can start the chat with actually nobody on the other side - how is this actually meant the chat

The plugin is a live chat feature for the website and you can start a conversation without nobody in the other side, other user can join after that.

However, what you are trying to achieve? a chat feature for support, like the feature we have in the WPMU's site?

Cheers, Luís

• Andi

Hi Luis

I will follow the chart and let you know the findings

Usually a chat feature on the site would be great if people can contact you via that plugin directly.

Similar to kayako or to many other websites you see those support live chat windows. They should be marked actually "green" or with a green light/button so people see that there is someone on the other side.

It would not make sense when customers would open up that window as the first one and than wait until somebody joins - probably another customer or even your competitor who knows and the jobs are gone!

Live Chat IMHO would say

I as the live chat owner can initiate the chat and provide OTHERS access to support given by ME only. For all other support stuff they could use the forum etc instead, which you again could monitor.

In countries like Thailand and I guess China etc it would be very dangerous actually if you have such a plugin accessible and to be opened up by anybody to start a conversation. if than somebody is writing what is here simply forbidden to be even mentioned or questioned than you would walk directly to jail for many years - so a Live Chat should be ONLY for the site owner so that site visitors could contact him that way.

I hope this makes it clear

Thanks for helping

Andi