WPMUDEV Dashboard: deactivate updates for a specific plugin.

I customized one plugin to fit my needs.
I'd like to avoid any update for this plugin.
Is it possible to hide updates only for a single plugin with WPMUDEV Dashboard ?

Or maybe another way ?

• Alexander

Hi @Dimitri,

Well, it's not possible to selectively disable updates. But if the plugin is going to be completely cut out of the loop, then you can just rename it. WPMU DEV Dashboard knows each plugin by name.

You can rename the plugin folder, and the plugins name in it's meta.

So something like this for the meta should do:

Plugin Name: Custom MarketPress

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes or if you need any other help getting this to work.

Best regards, Alexander Rohmann

• Dimitri

Hi @Alexander
    I tried to avoid update for appointments+.

1) I renamed the plugin folder.
    2) I rename appointments.php with appointments-xxx.php
    3) I changed the name in main PHP file
    4) I changed WP_PLUGIN_DIR and plugins_url in appointments-xxx.php
    5) I changed WP_PLUGIN_DIR and plugins_url in ./includes/class.gcal.php
    6) I refreshed updates in WPMUDEV Dashboard and the system still ask for update :slight_frown:.

Update is still available at this point.

7) I removed "WDP ID: 679841" from the header in appointments-xxx.php
    Update finally disappear

I guess that removing WDP line from the header is enough to deactivate plugin updates.

• Alexander

Hi @Dimitri,

I'm so sorry my method didn't work. I don't know why I was thinking that. The method I mentioned works for Wordpress.org plugins, but our plugins are obviously on a different process. A more appropriate answer would have been:

At the end of appointments.php there's a class defined for the updates. You can simply comment out all of the code that exists within the class.

Sorry again for the wrong info the first time around. I'm glad you were able to get this sorted out.

Best regards, Alexander Rohmann