WPMUDEV Dashboard Killing My WP Admin Dashboard

I just signed up for an account - I've installed the dashboard, then installed two plugins from directly within the dashboard.

However: each time, although it says 'installed', when I go to 'activate', it disables everything - including logging into WP as admin!!!!

Please respond to this immediately.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @dsdohn

Thank you for posting here and for being a member of our Community.

Can you confirm what plugins you've installed?

Now to get things back to normal, please access the wp-contents/plugins folder via an ftp client and delete the plugins that you installed.

Once I know the names of the plugins I can further assist and we can investigate what is happening.

Look forward to your feedback.

Gina

• dsdohn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Gina, I've tried to install a handful of plugins - the first was the WPMUDEV Updates. This worked fine. Then, I inputted my API Key, followed by installing Snapshot. However, when I went to activate Snapshot, everything went 'south'. At first, instead of being taken to a config window, I simply got a white browser window, with a URL that looked like it was an incomplete set of name-value pairs. Then, when I tried to go back, and/or merely log back into my WP Dashboard, I couldn't - white browser screen again. Totally locked out of my WP site altogether. Only when I finally FTP'd into the plugins folder and changed the dir name of 'snapshot' to '_snapshot', and then tried to go back to my Plugins dashboard was I allowed back into my WP Dashboard. Then, this same process happened for nearly all the next plugins I tried installing (a couple worked, such as Ultimate Branding & e-newsletter) ...

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dsdohn,

Sorry for the delay here.

From the symptoms it appears that possibly your current hosting package may not be able to handle the new plugins as it is at the moment.

So lets find out.

I have attached a zip file which you would want to download, extract, and then upload the phpinfo.php to the root of your web accessible hosting folder and call it up in your browser. i.e. http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

Then we want to find memory_limit and max_execution_time

Please advise what the values for those two items are.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.