WPMUDEV Dashboard NOT PHP 7 Compatible

Hello... I am upgrading to PHP 7 and I cannot use your plugin due to multiple errors. I am attaching the errors being thrown from your plugin below. Can you please address these and release an update so that I can use your plugin with PHP 7?

FILE: /www/public/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/template/support-system.php
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
77 | ERROR | Extension 'mysql_' is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and deprecated since PHP 5.6 and removed since PHP 7.0 - use mysqli instead.

• Rupok

Hi Nick, thanks for reporting this to us.

I can also regenerate this on my test site and I'm reporting this to our developer. I believe, he will come up with a solution very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Luke,

I'm so sorry for the confusion. I've got update from our developer regarding this. Let me describe.

Actually the old function is still there for backwards compatibility. We have to still work for older versions of php where users don't have the mysqli extension. WPMU DEV Dashboard will use the newer extension if it is available in the system and not cause an error in php7.

You are getting this error from "PHP Compatibility Checker" plugin, right? That scanner plugin cannot differentiate backwards compatible code, which is why it will throw false alarms for a great many popular plugins.

So I think you can safely use WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin in PHP 7 without any issue.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok