WPMUDev Dashboard on Clients Website

Hi, Question regarding Client Dashboard, Is there a way to keep information private.

once i login with my details , my clients can view my disscussion etc.

Can we only allow site management ?

let me know.

Regards

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Steven,

Your client can see those information _only_ when it is using your admin account. You should have separate account for yourself and (best) non-admin account for your client.

This way only you have access to WPMU DEV Dashboard. Even if your client have separate admin account they don’t have access to WPMU DEV Dash unless you will give it to them (in WPMU DEV -> Manage -> Permissions).

But still – there should be one admin account for managing site (installing and updating) and that should be your account and other accounts for managing content should be non-admin accounts.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Steve,

What I meant by account is WordPress Account, not WPMU DEV account. You can create new accounts in WordPress -> Users -> Add new.

On all sites that you manage and where you have WPMU DEV Dashboard installed you would need to create separate WordPress accounts for your clients.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Steve
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

yeah , the problem is we are offering monitoring services to client who also need admin access.,

Using the HUB, We can monitor it. However, The site is independently owned by client and they need full admin access.

Which means they can see stuff we have posted which is a privacy issue.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Steven,

If they use separate account they cannot still see what is inside WPMU DEV Dashboard – I’m assuming that they will not disable dashboard and enable again to get access.

Only admin account that installed and activated WPMU DEV Dashboard can have access to it. Other admin account will not have that access.

Create two separate accounts in WordPress – one for you and one for your client.

If you have FTP access and you want to be sure your client wont disable and then enable WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin from plugins list then add this code snippet to MU plugins

<?php

add_action('admin_head', 'wpmudev_hidewpudev');

function wpmudev_hidewpudev() {
    echo '<style>
    .plugins-php .wp-list-table tr[data-slug="wpmu-dev-dashboard"] {
    display: none;
    }
    </style>';
    }

This will hide WPMU DEV from plugins list. http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.