WPMUDEV Dashboard PHP 7 Compatibility

Getting error on PHP 7 compatibility test for WPMUDEV Dashboard. Is there a plan for PHP 7 compatibility?

• Nithin

Hey e-Partner,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked by running WPMU DEV plugin in my system with PHP v 7.1.1, and it works fine without any issue. I wasn't able to notice any error, could you please specify what error do you see when you try to run the plugin?

The plugin should work fine in PHP v7.x.x, please do provide more information, so that we could help get this sorted, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• JonDiPietro

Just ran the compatibility plugin and also saw the error report. Here is what it said:

FILE: /nas/content/live/candidatebc/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/lib/PHPSecLib/Crypt/Random.php
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 4 WARNINGS AFFECTING 2 LINES
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    75 | WARNING | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1; use OpenSSL instead
    75 | WARNING | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 - use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead.
    114 | WARNING | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1; use OpenSSL instead
    114 | WARNING | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 - use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead.

FILE: /nas/content/live/candidatebc/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/template/support-system.php
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOUND 1 ERROR AND 4 WARNINGS AFFECTING 5 LINES
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    77 | ERROR | Extension 'mysql_' is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0 - use mysqli instead.
    313 | WARNING | Function name "__render_list" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
    334 | WARNING | Function name "__error_reporting" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
    376 | WARNING | Function name "__value_format" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use
    390 | WARNING | Function name "__const_format" is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use

• Rupok

Hi JonDiPietro,

Thanks for reporting. The old functions are still there for backward compatibility. This plugin has to still work for older versions of PHP where users don't have the mysqli extension. DEV Dashboard plugin will use the newer extension if it is available and will not cause any error in PHP 7.

From the format of the error output, it seems like this test was done with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-compatibility-checker/
    That scanner cannot differentiate backward compatible code, that's why it's saying that our DEV Dashboard plugin has error and warnings.

So I think you can ignore these alerts for this plugin. If you find any broken functionality of our DEV Dashboard plugin in PHP 7, please report to us. If I can regenerate that same issue on our PHP 7 WordPress instances, I'll report that to our developer right away.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.