WPMUDEV Dashboard Whitelabeling

Hi support,
I just signed up for the WPMUDEV subscription and have installed the Dashboard plugin on my wordpress site.

Now, i have a situation where i may not be managing our client sites after handover and definitely do not want them to be seeing that i use WPMUDEV.

At the same time, i do not want my clients to not enjoy the plugin updates.

Is there a way to be able to hide the WPMUDEV dashboard plugin from end clients but still allow for updates. Also, in case of sites being managed by me on their behalf (as a paid service), i would still like to hide the plugin from the client when they login but be able to access it myself.

Please advise.
Mohammed

• Sajid

Hi @mohammed4,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin takes care of this for you by default. When you install and configured the plugin then only you can access WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin area unless you give other admin users access to.

In this specific case create two admin users one for you only, now login with your user account, install and configure WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. Create another new admin user account and give this to your client. Now they still can mange the site as an administrator but would be able to see the WPMU DEV Dashboard.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• sushling

Hello,

today I have thought about the same and checked with a new WP-project for a client, who has privileges.

As Sajid said correctly, the client is not seeing the WPMUDEV-Dashboard-section right after login. However, when the client visits the plugin-section, he will see the plugin and can even disable the plugin.

Is there any chance to "brand" the way this plugin appears in the plugin-section (and others installed from WPMUDEV), e.g. by changing the plugin name, description, link to plugin-page etc.?

Thank you and kind regards,
    Sascha

• Nastia

Hello sushling , I trust you are doing well today!

Is there any chance to "brand" the way this plugin appears in the plugin-section (and others installed from WPMUDEV), e.g. by changing the plugin name, description, link to plugin-page etc.?

You can rename the title of the plugin that is appearing in the plugin list with the Ultimate Branding plugin.

In Branding, enable the "Network Wide Text Change" module, the "Text Change" tab will appear above.

Go to "Text Change" tab, write the phrase or text you wish to replace in the "Find this text" field, and the text you wish to show in the "and replace it with" field.

You can also apply these changes for the admin pages only.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• sushling

Hello again,

for using Ultimate Branding plugin for renaming plugins, I have understood how to change any text within the dashboard. No I wonder, if it's possible to change the link-target of the links in plugins, that go to the plugin-homepage?

Furthermore I'd like to know if any function or plugin exists to completely hide a plugin from other users or admins in dashboard?

Thank you and kind regards,
    Sascha

Kind regards,
    Sascha

• Nastia

Hello Sascha

Hope you are doing very well!

Thank you for posting in this thread, however, the original issue is resolved for the author. I've created a new thread in our forums here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ultimate-branding-plugin-2

Let's continue our conversation there, this way the author of this thread won't be getting email notifications each time when there is a new post in the thread.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.