WPMUDEV Plugin Causes Memory Crash

This morning I attempted to login to several sites which run the WPMUDEV plugin and all of the crashed on the compat.php file at line 49 with a memory allocation error.

I had to login in FTP and remove the plugin.

WHY?????

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there Jerry

Looks like you were doing a really memory intensive operation which may have caused this. You can increase the memory allocated by trying this

docs.woothemes.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

Then try reinstalling the Dashboard and try again

Cheers
    Jude

• Jerry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Wrong.

I run my own VPS and increased the memory from 64mb to 82mb and then 120mb and the fault was exactly the same on each successive increase and Apache restart. Once I saw this happening I immediately started taking out plugins (via FTP by renaming) and when I got to the dashboard the problem went away. Soon as I added it back the problem came back.

I am way ahead of you.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi again Jerry

I am way ahead of you.

I sir, do not doubt that :slight_smile: . I think this is a conflict of some sort happening between the Dashboard and something else installed on those sites. I am not able to reproduce this on the several sites I use the dashboard on.

I may need further inputs from you to get this issue triaged.

1) Can you try a fresh site with nothing except the Dashboard running on it ?
    2) Can you turn off everything and switch to the default theme on one of the sites where you got the memory error ?
    3) Can you do this with WP_DEBUG enabled and get post the exact error message along with the file path and name here ?

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.