WPMUDEV plugins with other themes ...

I want to use a theme for a WP-MU site from outside the WPMUDEV and WP environment but with MarketPress, Membership, Supporter in particular from WPMUDEV, which do everything I want. It is possible that the site may be extended with BuddyPress in the future.

While in theory themes and plugins should be independent, in practice there may be some crossover. Is there anything to be aware of?

The theme I am looking at is from Qualifire on Themeforest.net and is

http://idesignmywebsite.com/qualifire/?loadstyle=style1

TIA

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

@Loggy

You are correct that those things should be independent. Although a theme must be BuddyPress compatible in order to make full use of BuddyPress which would require either you or another developer to make that improvement. It is less likely that a ThemeForest developer would be open to a BuddyPress improvement, than the guys here!

• Loggy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@Eric

Thanks for this - it is as I thought it should be! Well let's hope so anyway. I now just need to check the licence conditions and that it actually works with Multisites.

When it comes to a BuddyPress implementation if it gets that far then either I will modify the theme as required or pay a WPMUDEV developer to do it.:slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

hiya Loggy,

Yeah, we do our best to make the plugins compatible with all themes that use acceptible WordPress coding guidelines and if you run into any issues, let us know.

Definitely check the licensing. All of our stuff here is GPL2 so you can use it as often and for as long as you like, but other vendors have more restrictive licensing.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.