WPMUdev ~ Site-based updates and support issues

Hi there --

This is a development site. Yesterday I had issues with updating the Appointments plugin (it just wouldn't update) as well as activating the Support Access for WPMUdev.

Today, I was able to update the Appointments plugin as well as some other plugin (can't remember which). I am able to activate the Support Access for WPMUdev; however I am attempting to post a message, and it doesn't seem to want to be saved.

The message is this:
I was having problems yesterday updating the Appointments plug-in, as well as activating this Support Access.

Not sure if it was an issue with WPMUdev or the site here.
~ ~ ~

If the message is being saved, it's not showing it.

I'm concerned that there may be a flaw in the install of the WPMUdev on this site. We're getting ready to make it live, within the week, so want to make sure there aren't any issues.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
~Laurel

• Nastia

Hello Laurel

Hope you are doing well!

My apologies for the inconvenience, yesterday we had some issues with our servers, but it is all fixed now :slight_smile:

Would you please clarify, do you meant that you had an issue posting a thread in our forums? Because I've visited your site and the post are published successfully.

Also, please note, there is a warning notification on the admin's dashboard:

Conflict warning: You'll need to turn off one of the past events expiry add-ons.

To avoid conflict, please deactivate either the Expire last month events or Immediately expire past events in Events > Settings > Add-ons.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Laurel

Hi Nastia --

Thanks, I saw the conflict issue. I'm new to that plugin so am working my way through things.

Actually I meant that the message in the Support Access box didn't look as if it posted as there was no notice such as "message saved", etc. If there isn't something like that, it would be helpful to indicate that nothing like that will show up, etc.

When there's an issue on a server, is there a way you'all can provide a notice so people who are trying to do something would know? Or, if this exists, where do I go to see that?

Thanks again,
    ~Laurel

• Sajid

Hello Laurel,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for further explanation, I got your point now. Please note that, the message left in the box for support staff does not actually gets posted anywhere neither on forum here or any message.

This stays in your site database only and is only there if you want to share some private information for support staff that may help understand this issue better, after enabling support staff access.

I see the message is there so you don't need to worry about and no further actions are required.

In future, please always create a support ticket here in our forum for assistance and only leave message there if you think that might help support better understand the issue that you can not share publicly.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.