Wrap/Column width issues

I'm noticing a couple of width issues, or wrap issues with our install of BlogsMU. We've got the latest versions of BlogsMU, BP, and WPMU

The signup page is totally unusable and obviously the most critical for us to correct. The groups descriptions are wrapping way too short, which is less critical, but is not nice to look at. Finally, the activity stream looks really bunched up - minor aesthetic problem.

Where is the hitch? How can we fix it?

Screenshots below.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya PartridgeHillMedia,

Any chance we can get a link to the site? It's next to impossible to sort this kind of issue without actually getting to take a look at the code.

Do you have any extra plugins deactivated? Check that as well.

Thanks!

• Renaissance Media
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Shut them all off and turned them each back on, checking the results. The account form seems to be sorted out now. The activity stream is looking good, but the groups listing is still wrapping too short.

And I've just discovered that the sub header button isn't linked, so I'm off to find out where that is so that I can fix it.

Any ideas about those groups listings?

Many thanks!

Nissa

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Nissa,

For the group columns, you'll need to add a little custom CSS. The blogs-mu theme has a file for this information by going to blogs-mu/_inc/css/custom.css.

In this folder you're going to want to copy/paste something like the following:
    ul.item-list li div.item-desc { width: 95%; }

Remember that during theme updates you'll need to save this file and copy it back into the plugin directory. Or alternately you could use a child theme.

That should do the trick for ya. Let us know!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.