and have auto post active for post

the setting on Autopost to Facebook is:

Allow autoposting new posts to Facebook: Checked

Allow frontend autoposting to Facebook: Checked

On OpenGraph settings

Use OpenGraph support: Checked

Wrong Image Shown at Facebook for Ultimate Facebook Featured Image

This image is the right sidebar ad Image

before the update it showed the Header image.

Would like it corrected now that I have time to deal with it.

This is the Images that should be shown (featured Image)

I used this http://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

for the image above to check the properties

I had the same problem on another site I thought it was fixed with a theme change but was not.

I’m now using eVid By Elegant Themes

on both sites

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DirectoryDude,

Sorry to see that you are having an image problem there and it is indeed interesting that it is rendering the wrong image for whatever reason in which this may indeed be a theme issue though I will let the lead developer be the final judge of that.

Thank you for including the URL which is immensely helpful.

I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DirectoryDude,

Thank you for your additional input and great question.

I have seen so many things that do not seem to be related and how is the featured image rendered in the theme? How come some themes do not offer a featured image at all? What if the featured image is a thumbnail?

But also it could be Facebook as well.

I admit I am shooting in the dark, but also I admit I did not mess around and requested and flagged the lead developer in here to offer us some insight into what could possibly be causing this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

This seems to be an OpenGraph issue – basically, Facebook will check your page and pull in the image it finds fit. Before the OpenGraph change, the image fetched was a random one. However, as you can see in the debugger, a proper image is being rendered in the OpenGraph header. When Facebook checks your site for info it also caches what it found, but checking your page in the debugger resets this cache so subsequent likes and shares will show the proper image. You may also want to add featured image to your posts before you publish them, to make sure Facebook finds the proper OpenGraph image the first time it visits your site.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DirectoryDude,

Something does not quite make sense here.

The reason why I say that is because Vladislav clearly indicated However, as you can see in the debugger, a proper image is being rendered in the OpenGraph header.

This is not an indication that the statement he also made is not valid This seems to be an OpenGraph issue – basically, Facebook will check your page and pull in the image it finds fit.

As was brought to my attention Facebook has literally hundreds of issues pending resolution and if this is indeed one of them or should be one of them there is nothing we can do about it.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

Hmmm so your saying its Facebook not the Plugin.

But Facebook shows the proper image in the debuger but its not importing the proper image and they hopefully have it on the list to fix.

So I guess there is noting I can or wpmuDEV do for me now but sit back and hope its fixed by the Facebook Gurus

thanks

Not marking as resolved because it is not

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DirectoryDude,

Not a problem at all – I will see if @vladislav can confirm this is a Facebook issue or not.

To further dig into this issue myself, I will see if I can replicate it on my production servers which many a member here will confess are absolutely scorching fantastic.

Please post screen shots of your settings relative to this subject and I will dig in trying to replicate it.

Looking forward to those screen shots.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

To be quite frank, this actually comes as a surprise to me – the Facebook Debugger tool has been very accurate this far, and working with it always yielded predictable results. Other then this, the only scenario that could end up in such result would be publishing the post for the first time *before* you had a featured image set for it – in this case, the autopost request could have been submitted to Facebook before there was a proper OpenGraph image header in place.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DirectoryDude,

Thank you for taking the time to produce those screen shots which is helpful in determining that there is no issue with your settings.

I am wondering the order in which the PHP MyVideoBlog is posting the graphic and you had mentioned that it posts it, but is it indeed posting it as the featured image and if indeed it is – is it before it actually posts?

Now I am not the lead developer and his authority is certainly greater then mine, but these seem to be logical thoughts that are indeed possibly preventing the desired outcome.

With that said, it is my opinion that this is where the issue is – between the timing and posting PHP MyVideoBlog and what and where it actually includes the picture.

I will see about getting @vladislav back in here for his invaluable insight and what he may think this issue is revolving around.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings HamRadioDude,

Just touching base with you to let you know that the feature for the import of descriptions and comments of the youtube videos has been put in for a feature request a short while back and hopefully this will come up for consideration and development sooner then later.

+100

Cheers, Joe

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

I could not wait for the descriptions to be put into the autoblog plugin and switched back to the MyVideoBlogPlugin and I would like to reopen this issue. I switched to twenty 11 and posted a few videos I will see if it posts correctly with that theme later. (theres a delay with facebook for some reason maybe because I overloaded them earlier today) so I will check later if any posted. if not will try again in the morning.

With the evid theme from elegant themes it it was the same problem still like the reply’s above.

So If you could get the developer by the time hes here I will have the answer on the other theme and would like to see if we can fix it.

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

I did some testing

I used the Open Graph test debug tool on each theme

I changed to twenty eleven and used the debug tool as you can see from the image it is seeing the banner image under the warnings message but under showing the correct image

then switched to evid theme my normal theme this one under the warnings is saying the wpmuDEV affiliate Banner from my sidebar

and the image shown is the correct image.

I disabled and removed wp super cache also before doing this ran another new import session for some reason now its not posting to Facebook. waiting maybe its delayed again last one did post from 3 reply’s up

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings HamRadioDude,

Thank you for the additional clarification and screen shots which are absolutely appreciated and I will once again ask the lead developer @vladislav to come in here and check this behavior out and hopefully he will know the reason why this is happening in this manner.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey @HamRadioDude

Sounds like you need to get custom here, try de-registering their og:image meta tag but keep the other OG data. Add something like this to your <head> tags;

<meta property="og:image" content="<?php echo wp_get_attachment_thumb_url( get_post_thumbnail_id( $post->ID ) ); ?>" />

I noticed this posts has been going on for ages, so thought I’d add my 2 cents, this is how I’ve fixed other FB image clashes in the past.

Hope this helps you. The reason I think the theme wont matter is because it seems like its a problem from the plugin but some code fixes to the functions.php and header.php of your theme should help you fix it.

Cheers

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

Unfortunately it didn’t work I’m not going to wait any more I saw a post with alternate plug instead that does autpost and comments and like buttons Thank you for the help and by the way the debug tool showed the same thumbnail twice probably from your code and the plugins..

Its strange it works on other sites might be something with the install and I’m not ready to redo the full site.

I will reopen this if I decide to go back to it.

i do use this plugin for 4 or 5 of my other sites and it works GREAT!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.