Wrong plugin upgrade suggested by Wordpress

Team, my Wordpress suggest to upgrade Social Marketing to a new version (1.8.2) It brought my attention since the current version is 1.2.2. So I have entered in the upgrade details prior to do it but it referes to a different plugin made by FarReach.es ( wp-plugin@FarReach.es ). Actually the wrong plugin address is http://wordpress.org/plugins/socialmarketing/
Could you please help this error disapear?

Regards,
domingo

• Vaughan

Hi @Domingo,

This shouldn't happen if you have the wpmudev dashboard plugin installed, it's 1 of the reasons we recommend to use it. Though I do see you are just a single member, although you will not have access to the support access & auto-updates. It will prevent these upgrade notices.

The reason is that there's a plugin on wp.org with exactly the same name, but a higher version, so they get confused, the Dashboard plugin hooks into the plugins system & stops this happening if it's not a wpmudev plugin. If you have the dashboard plugin installed and are still seeing the notice, let me know & i'll get the developer to look into it.

Do not upgrade if it doesn't say wpmudev or incsub anywhere on the plugin details.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.