&#x displays instead of currency symbole "letters"

I commented the other countries in the list of countries in MP after adding my country to that list.
And I did the same to the currency list.

But when I create a new site with New Blog Templates, I get my country selected but a list with the option to select an U.S.A state also appears under it, and I get "&#x;100" instead of "D.A. 100" in the currency symbole position choice and on all other places of the backend and fronted where the currency symbole should appear.

I don't think it's a problem of NBT, so I'm asking you where does it come from ?

Actually, I just have to click and save the MP settings in that Site in order to get everything back to normal.

But is their a way to fix it once for all so that I don't have to interfere each time ?

Thanks in advance.
Cordially, Mounir

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

To be true, I am a bit confused on what might be causing this. Can you please try and create a new subsite manually and see if that shows the same behavior ? Do not select any template while creating a subsite to see what happens.

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• MEDUSOR
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi @PC,
    Thanks for the points in the other thread.

I created an other site without selecting a template as you said but I still get the same result:

This is the base location that shipping and tax rates will be calculated from.
    Base Country Algérie
    Base State/Province/Region Alabama
    Base Zip/Postal Code

These preferences affect display only. Your payment gateway of choice may not support every currency listed here.
    Store Currency Algérie - D.A.
    Currency Symbol Position &#x;100
    &#x; 100
    100&#x;
    100 &#x;
    Show Decimal in Prices Yes No

If I add a product I will have the same result for the currency display on the frontend.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @MEDUSOR

Thanks for posting back.

I don't see any particular reason of why that might be happening however as you said that its fixed after saving the settings of MarketPress on the site, I have sent a note to our lead developer Aaron for his views on the same to see if there is a quick fix for it.

He should be here sooner than later.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Aaron
    • CTO

Did you modify the core data currencies array in MarketPress? The display looks like an invalid utf8 entity so it's displaying as text.

But then you say it fixes after saving settings? If you don't use NBT to create a new site, then activate MP their does the same thing happen?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.