"You do not have sufficient..." Error once the user has signed up.

Hi Gang!

Me again... Starting to get my head wrapped around this plugin, however there is something things that are eluding me.

When i sign up as new user and i click on "Add Listing" it takes me to the listing page...
http://tradetrackers.ca/listings/

And when i click on "Go to Profile" it give me the dreaded "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.".

I noticed that once a membership has been created and i look under the users tab (logged in as admin) every membership created doesn't have a role associated to it.

Is there a glitch or a setting that i have overlooked to automatically assign a role to newly created user?

Thanks in advance,
Tye

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Tye

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our community.

I had a look at the link you provided and it seems you're running on BuddyPress and you have your own theme. Is it a single or Multisite install? I registered, but could not post anything. So I would agree with Atlanta - you might not have set the capabilities for subscribers. Please see my screenshot to explain what Atlanta is talking about.

Let me know if this resolved the issue.

All the best and have a great day!

Gina

• tylery

Thanks Atlanta and Gina for answering my post promptly.

This website is a single site, running Wordpress not Buddypress. I just re-skinned the default theme that was packaged with the Directory plugin.

I have setup the Capabilities section properly, but it looks like when a user creates an account, the "Directory Member" role does not automatically get assign to the new user. Please see screencap.

Would you reckon for me to maybe re-install the directory plugin, since I haven't invested too much content in it thus far.

Cheers,
    Tye

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Tye

I have to say, I can't figure out myself why the roles are not assigning. You seem to have the setup right, so maybe re-installing the Directory Plugin is not a bad idea. Just for interest sake. Any other plugins activated? If so, please deactivate all the ones that are not needed and see if the problem persist. Just trying to rule out any plugin conflicts. For that matter, maybe do the same with the theme. Just revert back to the standard WP Twenty Eleven Theme and see if the problem persist.

Let's try all avenues and see how we can get this sorted.

Have a good weekend and look forward to your feedback.

Gina

• tylery

So I uninstalled the plugin and re-installed it and Hallelujah! It works. Now when the user signs in they are automatically assigned the role "Directory Member Paid", which is kinda of wrong due to the fact that it's a free listing signup, should probably be "Directory Member Free". Maybe coming in the next release?

Anyways it now works, the user can create a listing and edit their profile. But when you click on the listing button it comes up with a blank page, do you know what would be causing that? Or if there's anything i can do to resolve this issue?

Cheers,
    Tye

• davidacardona

Hi, I'm having the same problem aecnu used to have. When a user try to add a listing, and get registered, the user is not getting assigned any role in the members area. Neither can he check his profile or add a new listing.

I tryed the plugin in two different installations, tryed deactivating all other plugins and reinstalling it, but never worked.

When i want to configure the capabilities there are no other roles than wordpress default ones.
    I'm attaching 3 screenshots: first two where you can see that roles are not being applied, third where you can see the roles that are being showed in Capabilities.

And finally a link to your tutorials where you show how there are other roles:
    http://millionclues.com/ptenc/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/03.png

• aecnu

Greetings davidacardona,

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

The issue that was reported in the past was directly related to the old version of Directory plugin 2.0.5 and below, but since the new version 2.1+ I have not experienced an issues.

However, upon seeing your ticket I have gone ahead and added a new user to my test directory installation and it worked flawlessly - take note of the new account name and it's assigned role.

With this in mind, it appears that there may be a conflict of some sort with your installation.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting. You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings davidacardona,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.