You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.error

Sorry to add to the growing list of problems here guys :slight_frown:

This is probably a simple fix I am just missing, but another wpmydev user brought it to my attention.

After signing up and attempting to add a listing, this message is displayed:

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

So, I had paypal settings set up for my directory plugin. $15 annually. The aforementioned user somehow signed up and got around this. Can anyone explain that?

Moving on, I disabled paypal payment settings and temporarily enabled Free listings (just until I work this out). I successfully registered a test user, then when I selected “add listing”, it threw out the error message.

What am I doing wrong? What’s the fix?

The site is live, but anorexic. Dev’s/Support, can you try to register and let me know how it goes?

http://girlygirldirectory.com

TIA

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tia

I had a look at your website and registered and encountered the same problem.

Now there can be various reasons why this error message is coming, so I will go through a few common causes:

Have you used WP Security Scan Plugin on your WordPress install? If you have, then this could be to blame. The plugin actually sometimes create a prefix other than what you suggest for your database, in the wp-config.php, so instead of using all lowercase in the database, it might use caps in some places within the wp-config.php file.

The error might also occur if you manually update the prefix in phpMyAdmin.

Other reasons might include that there is no .htaccess file. If you’re receiving a permissions error, you may also want to check that you have .htaccess in your main WordPress directory. This can also sometimes cause this problem.

Also, if you recently upgraded from a previous version of WordPress and you get the permissions error, you might look at this solution.

http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2006/03/28/wordpress-error-you-do-not-have-sufficient-permissions-to-access-this-page/

Also make sure that all your files and folders have the proper permission values. You can find some more reads about this here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress

I would really like to assist in getting this problem fixed. Please let me know if any of this is helpful. Also, please do let me know what version of WP you’re running, single or multisite and just to make sure that no other plugins are causing this problem, please deactivate all plugins, except your directory plugin.

Looking forward to your feedback and all the best with your GirlyGirl Directory!

Have a good day.

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tia

If you would like me to have a look at your setup and see if there is anything that needs to be updated/ correct, I would be happy to do so.

Just send me your Admin Login details via the WPMU DEV Conatct Form, marked FAO GinaB.

I would love to get this sorted for you and I’m sure there’s only something small that needs to be tweaked in order to get it working as it should.

Looking forward to your feedback. Have a good day!

GinaB

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tia,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.