You invites plugin crashed my sites temporarily 2x times

You invites plugin crashed my sites temporarily 2x times over the last two days. It does not allow me to limit the amount of invites one person can send which is a major flaw!!!!! I tested it myself and send 600 email which sent the website down. Please can you allow the super admin to set a limit please !!!!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Dean,

Hope you're doing well today!

This is first time I've seen a thread on this, but I can definitely see how it would be useful to be able to set a limit for these cases. I'm thinking this shouldn't be too difficult to add so I'm flagging one of our coding experts here to take a closer look :slight_smile:

Keep in mind SLS deal with more advanced tickets so their responses can sometimes take a little longer.

Let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Dean
    • Flash Drive

We also had the same issue with your email subscription plugin today. our users want to take things to another level and one user tried to import 5000 contacts. that sent our site offline for 45 seconds today twice. The result was 700 imported emails. They then tried to send emails to 700 people. A limit on the import amount or throttling is needed so is a sending limit. Say admins can limit lists to like 200 people the the plugins stops working. I cant disable the plugins are some users will say that was the reason they purchased the pro upgrade a quick response would be useful. even a quick fix please.

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hey there Dean,

I'm attaching a patched version that will add the limit feature.
    You will have an input field to set the limit in the network panel. It will not limit the overall amount of invites but just how many invites can be sent at a time -which is the root of the issue here-.

Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Cheers,
    Jose

• Jose
      • Bruno Diaz

Hi @Websternet,

The limit is set per request.
      The aim here is not to limit the amount of invites actually but just to avoid the request resulting in a timeout. So, the user can send as many invites as needed, but splitting the list in chunks.

If you want to implement a limit per day or per login it is doable, but would require quite a bit of extra modifications.

Cheers,
      Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.