You must first login before you can choose a site to upgrade

It seems that in the theme that I am using that the error in the subject "You must first login before you can choose a site to upgrade:" gets displayed when I try to display a excerpt. I am testing the Webly theme and here is relevant php that displays that area:

<?php if ( get_option('webly_display_blurbs') == 'on' ){ ?>
                                        <div id=&quot;blurbs&quot; class=&quot;clearfix&quot;>
                                                <?php for ($i=1; $i <= 3; $i++) { ?>
                                                        <?php query_posts('page_id=' . get_pageId(html_entity_decode(get_option('webly_home_page_'.$i)))); while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
                                                                <?php
                                                                        global $more; $more = 0;
                                                                ?>
                                                                <div class=&quot;service<?php if ( $i == 3 ) echo ' last'; ?>&quot;>
                                                                        <h3 class=&quot;title&quot;><?php the_title(); ?></h3>
                                                                        <?php
                                                                                $width = 56;
                                                                                $height = 56;
                                                                                $titletext = get_the_title();

$thumbnail = get_thumbnail($width,$height,'item-image',$titletext,$titletext,false,'Blurb');
                                                                                $thumb = $thumbnail[&quot;thumb&quot;];
                                                                                $et_service_link = get_post_meta($post->ID,'etlink',true) ? get_post_meta($post->ID,'etlink',true) : get_permalink();
                                                                        ?>

I know this must be a theme issue but I don't know what could be causing it. Thought I may be able to get some direction before I contact the designer.