"You use old version of Sunrise.php and uncomment wp-config.php" error message

Hey Support Team :slight_smile: we Installed the Domain Mapping Plugin, moved the sunrise.php file to the general wp-content folder, commented in define('SUNRISE', 'on'); and uncommented (tried all options) in the wp-config.php file but we still get those two ERROR messages:

1:
You use old version of /html/wp-content/sunrise.php file. Please, replace that file with new version which is located by following path: /html/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/sunrise.php.

2:
If you've not already added define('SUNRISE', 'on'); then please do so. If you added the constant be sure to uncomment this line: //define('SUNRISE', 'on'); in the wp-config.php file.

Would appreciate if you could help us out :slight_smile: ?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello +ID,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Please make sure that you have actually moved the "sunrise.php" file from plugin's folder to "/wp-content" folder and not copied it. It shouldn't reside in these two locations at the same time. The message that you are getting usually means that the file was copied and not moved.

Once you are sure about it, please make also sure that the

define('SUNRISE','on');

line is in your "wp-config.php" file (uncommented so no slashes in front of it) and is placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line.

Let me know please about the result.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there +ID,

I trust you're well today and don't mind me chiming in!

This is really unfortunate :unamused:
    Do you mind giving us some server access to give it another try?
    As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - WordPress login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials for DB access (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello +ID!

I checked the site using credentials that you provided my colleague Dimitris with and fix the issue. There's no error now and it should be working fine.

You did a good job with moving the "sunrise.php" file so that part was fine. The reason for the issue was that there was no

define('SUNRISE','on');

line in your sites "wp-config.php" file where it should be. Instead the copy of that file was created, that line was added to it, and the file was put into the "/wp-content/" folder. The "wp-config.php" file should always be in a "root folder" of your install. Therefore, I removed the copy of "wp-config.php" file from "/wp-content/" folder and added aforementioned line to the proper "wp-config.php" file and it should fine now :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• +ID
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Great, thanks Adam,

It appears to be working now - we checked also the file path and are very pleased that you found that error in moveing the file to that location and that the problem was not caused by something else!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.