Your app is causing my website to go blank

I had to remove the app from my website because it was causing my websites to go blank. At this point my website is causing me an error that I have decided to simply delete the whole site and reinstall the site from an old backup file.

In fact, one of your support staff experienced the same issue and could not fix the problem. Although, the staff suggested that I update the wp theme and that it will likely resolve the issue. I will check to see if that will be of any help.

• David
    • The Incredible Code Injector

You dont specify which app so I'm assuming the WPMU Dev Dashboard?
    Generally I've found that the issue is poor hosting, its very rarely an issue with WPMU, more likely is timeout and server settings, if you can I'd add a PHP.ini file to the site containing:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; Resource Limits ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_input_time = 1500
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    post_max_size = 64M
    max_execution_time = 1500
    memory_limit = 1024M
    max_input_vars = 1000

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello GODWIN KING

I hope you're well today!

Is that WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin or some other plugin of ours that caused that?

David above is right that WPMU DEV Dashboard is rarely a cause of any issues itself. Personally, I've never seen it causing site to go blank in years but we can't rule out anything until we check it. I'm assuming though that this might have been some other of our plugins so let me know which one it was, please.

It's also rarely (if at all) necessary to delete and rebuild entire site to make it work again. It would be best though if you could setup some "test" site - so a site similar to the one that went down and on the very same server - and put that plugin on it. Then, when it goes "blank" do not delete it or do anything but let me know and I'll investigate the issue to find the cause and solution so you could then avoid that on a real site.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.