Error message: Your backup folder is NOT writable To correct this issue,

Hello,
I hope all is well.
i need advise with this error/warning message.
I am not sure what to do with it.
Any advise?
please see message below.
thanks,
George

Plugins message:

Your backup folder is NOT writable
To correct this issue, make the folder /home1/mathrthr/public_html/wp-content/backup-db writable.
Your backup folder MIGHT be visible to the public
To correct this issue, move the file from /home1/mathrthr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-dbmanager/htaccess.txt to /home1/mathrthr/public_html/wp-content/backup-db/.htaccess

• Tyler Postle

Hey George,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Your backup folder is NOT writable
    To correct this issue, make the folder /home1/mathrthr/public_html/wp-content/backup-db writable.

You need to access your files through your cPanel file manager or through FTP then make the file writable by changing your file permissions :slight_smile:

It sounds really complicated and I thought the same thing first time I did it :p but if all goes well it should only take a minute or two to do.

Decide whether you want to use your cPanel file manager or FTP client, I used filezilla. Then find that file and right click on it then select "file permissions" and once you click that, select "writable". Then you're all done :slight_smile:

Your backup folder MIGHT be visible to the public
    To correct this issue, move the file from /home1/mathrthr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-dbmanager/htaccess.txt to /home1/mathrthr/public_html/wp-content/backup-db/.htaccess

For this one, it wants you to just move that .htaccess.txt file from inside the plugins/wp-dbmanager folder to the backup-db folder :slight_smile:

If you're uncomfortable making either of these changes then we would be happy to get this done for you, just send us your FTP and WP login credentials so we can access the files.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back George!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.