Your fundraising plugin is terrible, I'm trying to make it work for 3 months now!

Hello,
I've been trying to get this plugin to work for 3 months now, and every time I think it's almost done it has a new problem.
I can't keep paying you each month just to get the support to make it work, I'm not responsible for your plugins bugs and problems!
It takes your support group at the forums a very long time to solve a problem (even just to reply), and apparently, meanwhile you keep charging me for this time!

I ask you one more time for an answer to this topic
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/donation-will-not-appear-in-the-fundraiser-panelpage#post-419392

I'm not going to wait until you take the next payment again.
I bought a plugin and I expect it to work!

Thank you.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings angelsfall1st,

Thank you for your feedback and indeed this plugin has worked on my site for well over a year now though the last fundraiser was posted in February http://fundraising.aecnuwpmu.us/fundraisers/show-me-the-money/

Looking at the other ticket I can clearly see why you are getting a delayed response - the way the ticket system works it feeds the tickets to us by aging after the first response and each reply there after it resets the aging.

In addition, it appears to me that it is a PayPal IPN issue or at least with the evidence so far given.

You have the PayPal IPN set up to include a return URL of some kind?

You are testing in live mode?

What is the URL to the site?

Let me guess by some chance the host is Bluehost?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• angelsfall1st
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi, and thank you for the quick response.
    I'm using live mode IPN.
    My host is Hetzner.
    The site url is: http://free.org.il/campaigns/

This is the IPN details of the donation I was trying to make:

Message ID
    35J25329JA663940E
    Date/time created
    02/05/2013 21:01 GMT+03:00
    Original/Resent
    Original
    Latest delivery attempt date/time
    02/05/2013 21:01 GMT+03:00
    Notification URL
    http://free.org.il/campaigns/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=wdf-ipn-return-paypal
    HTTP response code
    Delivery status
    Sent
    No. of retries
    Transaction ID
    48R59311S7954913Y
    IPN type
    Transaction made

IPN Message
    mc_gross=5.00&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&address_status=unconfirmed&payer_id=UD8XB62AXRSUA&tax=0.00&address_street=zeev brande 22&payment_date=11:01:09 May 02, 2013 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1255&address_zip=4960074&first_name=Reut&mc_fee=1.37&address_country_code=IL&address_name=Reut Danino&notify_version=3.7&custom=152||92cc7eb1756e&payer_status=unverified&business=garytv.com@gmail.com&address_country=Israel&address_city=Petah Tiqwa&quantity=0&verify_sign=A-l7Ht3gCcGUz87UP0AOBYyGo3TWAmUsNZRlVc5dX-ov38mNmSu4ukK0&payer_email=reutdanino1@gmail.com&txn_id=48R59311S7954913Y&payment_type=instant&last_name=Danino&address_state=&receiver_email=garytv.com@gmail.com&payment_fee=&receiver_id=57AY94ZHNR7ZC&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=?????? ????? ?????? ??????&mc_currency=ILS&item_number=92cc7eb1756e&residence_country=IL&receipt_id=4505-1860-7219-0282&transaction_subject=152||92cc7eb1756e&payment_gross=&ipn_track_id=8d8beb0373f6

Thank you.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings angelsfall1st,

Thank you for the additional input and as you mentioned the question marks above are Hebrew but on the site they appear correct?

This maybe a tough one to figure out where this issue with the character set is at.

What happens (as a test) when you use Latin based characters?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings angelsfall1st,

Thank you for the additional input and I cannot put my finger on why or how this could be happening.

With that said, I think it would be a smart move for me to call in the lead developer to see if he has any ideas as to why or how this could be happening.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello

Developer here - I am guessing it has something to do with the conflict between language and paypal.

I will do my best to solve this puzzle(need to try to set up test env like yours) and if i do, new version will be released so you can see if it works.

Sorry it takes so long! Your scenario is bit uncommon that why it was easy to miss for us.

Thanks,
    Maniu

PS. Gary's speech is really great:wink:

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @angelsfall1st

Ah sorry i did not update with dashboard for a long time!

You have 2 save solutions:
    1. replace this folder with ftp
    2. install our dashboard, update and uninstall it:slight_smile:

Please first do the backup of old fundraising first just to be save but i remember implementing your modification (utf8)

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey

this tool lets you compare and marge files and folders on windows:
    http://winmerge.org/
    It will tell you whats different

here is the link to unmodified 2.2.4 version if you want to see whats changed:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/765513192_fundraising-2.2.3.zip

Has this plugin been ever successfully working for you? Right now it looks like everything is ok but because of Hebrew font, ipn message is somehow wrong - i tested new version with Hebrew title of fundraising and it was all ok.

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey

Well i am not sure what you modified:slight_smile: this tool lets you compare whole folders! you don't need to point it to a file.

I would suggest comparing your version with the unmodified old version to see what you have changed and then reapply changes to new version

PS. i was saying that NIS is not supported because it is not listed here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/sell/mc/mc_intro-outside

Thanks,
    Maniu

• angelsfall1st

Hi again,
    I've tried using the new file without Hebrew and it doesn't work. (I've uploaded the plugin's file "as is" without any changes and gave the project a name in English).

As you can see in the screenshot, it says "the donation was successful" yet the amount raised remains 0.00

IPN Message:

mc_gross=5.00&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&address_status=unconfirmed&payer_id=LNQA94YQN6YLA&tax=0.00&address_street=zeev brande 22
    5&payment_date=07:00:10 Jul 17, 2013 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1255&address_zip=4960074&first_name=ben&mc_fee=1.37&address_country_code=IL&address_name=ben ad&notify_version=3.7&custom=195||38aa55a945ec||0&payer_status=unverified&business=garytv.com@gmail.com&address_country=Israel&address_city=Petah Tiqwa&quantity=0&verify_sign=Aj9jU-xtLovpgmm7ADF0tu999habA6SkmN1UBxLrLxF9lU.WIELJ7ZIl&payer_email=ben.ad@gmail.com&txn_id=6JF601202Y5884154&payment_type=instant&last_name=ad&address_state=&receiver_email=garytv.com@gmail.com&payment_fee=&receiver_id=57AY94ZHNR7ZC&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=new test 666&mc_currency=ILS&item_number=38aa55a945ec&residence_country=IL&receipt_id=4630-2542-2041-5908&transaction_subject=195||38aa55a945ec||0&payment_gross=&ipn_track_id=d941a30faa3e8

what else can I do?

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @angelsfall1st

Can you take a look at pledges tab under fundraising in wp admin and tell me if the transaction is stored? If yes, is the amount correct? I believe we are close to solving it.

If not, can you try this one:

In PayPal > My Account > Profile > Selling Preferences > Language Encoding > More Options > change to UTF-8 > Save

I just realized that ipn is not using utf-8 encoding and it will force it to do so and i hope it will help!

Let us know how it goes,
    Thanks!
    Maniu

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @angelsfall1st

Have you done any modifications to html calsses or id's in the plugins?
    If you have modified our plugin - please try clean version and see if it fixes something.

Also please try changing the theme to default one and see if it helps.

Is you theme doing some custom queries?

Generally it is very strange that its not working.

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @angelsfall1st

It little bit feels impossible to me... i just cant seem to find a reason why it would not work in frontend when it works in backend.

Do you maybe happen to have cache plugin installed?
    Could you disable other plugins for a while and see if it helps?

Thanks,
    Maniu

• angelsfall1st

Thank you so much for your help!
    It turns out it has been the fault of a certain plugin called:
    "Frontpage category filter".
    (not a cache plugin but somehow made the difference..)

Sorry for wasting your time..
    If there is a chance you guys can make it work with that plugin I will be happy to know about it.

Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.