"Your Network sub intro post text" field different text per page?

Currently the blogs.mu theme is showing the “Your Network sub intro post text” on all pages. As I do believe is very nice and helpful at the home page, it does not add any value to the other pages (blogs,groups, etc)

It would be really nice if this text could be adjustable per page? So the subintro post text for lets say “groups” page to have some related info about groups and not to be the same text as in the homepage.

If this is much effort to realize I would like to have it only at the homepage as it makes more sense.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

You could certainly change this. You’d need to do so with a child theme and a slight edit to the code though, if you’re comfortable with that?

You’ll need to find where that message is displayed and wrap it in an IF statement which uses the is_home() conditional…

Phil

• giorgos
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Phil. The question now is how to use the child theme of blogs.mu? How to only enable the child theme as it states below? :

When you install a theme that uses a parent/child framework you upload both parent and child theme folders to /wp-content/themes/ but only enable the Child theme so only the child theme is available to use via Appearance > Themes.

• giorgos

Unfortunately I can not. The only theme I see is the parent (Blogs MU 1.2.8). I can’t see any child themes. Is it possible to be related to BP 1.5?. I have upgraded, as I saw that Blogs.mu works fine with BP 1.5.

• giorgos

Oops!!, My apologies.. I thought I have missed something. I had just left the child theme in content/themes/blogs-mu/themes/blogs-mu-child (its original location during upload) and expected to appear :slight_frown:

I moved it to content/themes and indeed works fine. Sorry for troubling you with this.

I will now follow your instructions to manipulate subintro post text.

• giorgos

I would need some help here in order to get rid of the subintro text on all pages but the homepage.

The text appears in themes/blogs-mu/inc/functions/options-functions.php

array(
    "name" => __("Your Network sub intro post text", TEMPLATE_DOMAIN),
    "description" => __("you can insert post text for the sub intro on homepage", TEMPLATE_DOMAIN),
    "id" => $shortname . $shortprefix . "featured_sub_intro_post",
    "inblock" => "homepage",
    "type" => "textarea",
    "std" => "One community multi socials blogging solutions for your network and communities<br><span>more info text can be input here...<a href='#'>more</a></span>",
    ),

Additionally I would like to have sub pages use different header css settings than the home page. Is it possible?

• giorgos

Can you provide a guideline for this one below or is a custom modification, that needs to be done as project? (paid)

I’m not that experienced in coding..

You’ll need to find where that message is displayed and wrap it in an IF statement which uses the is_home() conditional

Thanks

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi giorgos

open blogs-mu/lib/templates/wp-template/panel-index.php and edit the line

<div id="header-name-alt">
    <?php echo stripslashes($tn_blogsmu_featured_sub_intro_post); ?>
    </div>

to something like this

<div id="header-name-alt">
    <?php if( is_page('groups') ) { ?>
    <!-- your prefered html text and links when viewing slug 'groups' page -->
    <?php } elseif ( is_page('activity') ) { ?>
    <!-- your prefered html text and links when viewing slug 'activity' page -->
    <?php } ?>
    </div>

the elseif can continue as much as you want with is_page() condition.

cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.