Youtube and Gallery widgets not working on Upfront customizer

I drag the Youtube widget to the site and a blank box is the only thing that shows. There's nowhere to put a link to the video, no video box or settings.

The Gallery widget won't load the photos. It stays in "preparing images" mode indefinitely.

What's going on?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Johnny

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

For youtube video widget, I can replicate the same behaviour on my own site and therefore marking it as bug, so it can be fixed in upcoming version.

For gallery images, I tested the gallery its working fine to me. If its okay for you please grant support access so I can take a closer look.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Johnny

For youtube video widget, I can replicate the same behaviour on my own site and therefore marking it as bug, so it can be fixed in upcoming version.

For gallery images, I tested the gallery its working fine to me. If its okay for you please grant support access so I can take a closer look. You can enable access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Gagan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Johnny,

Can you please re-enable support access. The issue is specific to hosting environment, I would need to fetch some debugging information from the specific installation. Although Sajid was able to reproduce the issue at his end, but as he has taken off for a few days, I had to ask you for this.
    Thanks and Kind Regards
    Gagan

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Johnny

Thanks for granting support access. I have sent Gagan direct message and he will be looking at soon.

Also please send in FTP details and WordPress admin login details as well, in case we need to edit some files. You can send through in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Johnny
    • Flash Drive

I shouldn't have to provide full access to my server for this to get fixed. Forgive me for having some security concerns there.

This is really making me question why I spent $588 on a subscription. The plugins are good, but the themes have been nothing but trouble. Elegant themes offers amazing themes that actually work for less than $99.

If this is not fixed by Wednesday, I'm switching themes and will promote other services over WPMU Dev to my clients. I'm tired of waiting this long for a bug fix in a theme I purchased.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Johnny

Its okay for FTP credentials, we can understand.

Our team is working on the final testing and upfront will be released very soon.

Meanwhile I have come up with a patch for you to make the youtube widget to work.

1. Download the attached "uyoutube.zip" file
    2. Unzip it.
    3. Via FTP go to:
    wp-content/themes/upfront/elements/upfront-youtube/js
    4. Move the attached file by replacing the existing one.
    5. Clear your browser cache and/or check on another browser or check incognito mode of chrome (ctrl+shift+n).
    6. Done!

Hope that helps :slight_smile: or let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Mike

I am sorry to hear you are getting issue after applying the patch. The editor crashing after applying the patch ? Was it working fine before ? What version of your upfront theme ?

For future reference please always start your own thread so one of our support staff member help you fix that. The reason I am requesting to start a new thread because it helps us to organize and track each ticket in its own separate thread. Also there would be a time when we might need access to your website via support staff access (that can't be done on other's thread).

Thanks for your understanding and patience :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.