YouTube Auto Embeds No Longer Works

After updating, our multisite can't convert Youtube URL to video anymore. Any known issues? Vimeo works fine. As a superadmin I can use embed code but not a URL. Other users can't show video at all.

• Nazmul H. Rupok
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there

Hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I have tested and can't see any console error for this while trying to embed YouTube. I can't access the sFTP credentials anymore for further test. Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. You need to do the same with themes as well.

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Let me know how it goes.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul

• Buf
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Nazmul
    Thank you for your efforts in this matter.
    If I deactivate all plugins will the sites in our multisite lose settings, data or other things for the plugins?
    When I activate them again, will they be as before or will it be like starting the plugin all over again?
    I'm a bit worried about the users reaction if the will lose all what they have done before.

Have a nice day!
    Buf

• Nazmul H. Rupok
      • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Buf

Hope you are doing well. Usually activating/deactivating plugin won't make any data change. But the plugin functionality won't be available when it's deactivated. So you can do it as quickly as possible if you have lots of users on your site. You can also take a backup of your site easily with the Snapshot plugin to be on safe side.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
      Nazmul

• Buf
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Nazmul
    Hope you have a great day!
    I deactivated all of the network installled plugins and the ones on my test site but I couldn't embed Youtube anyway. :slight_frown:
    As far as I understand that should indicate that the problem is in the Wordpress installation, or what?
    Any ideas what to do?

Cheers!
    Buf

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Buf,

Can you tell me if this issue happened when you updated your plugins or when you updated WordPress to 4.8?

I tested 4.8 on my multisite installation and was unable to replicate this issue so it seems that this is something specific to your installation.

It's possible that there was some glitch during the WP update that's causing this so it's worth trying to re-install it manually to make sure that all files are in right place.

You can do this by downloading latest WP version from wordpress.org and then replace your installation files, just make sure NOT to overwrite wp-content folder as well as .htaccess and wp-config.php files.

I would suggest having a full backup before doing the above.

Let us know how it goes after that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Buf!

I tried to access your site to check this again but the test user login credentials that you shared during the chat with James Morris don't work for me and it seems that the support access that's been enabled had already expired.

Would you mind granting support access to the site again so I could take a closer look? Let me know here when it's active, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Buf,

I'm afraid that I still can't find any info in your site about what could be going on.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Try to embed YT video again and check in your wp-content folder if there's debug.log file created.
    If it is can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.