Youtube Featured Video 2 questions

here is an example page: http://www.haveagelessskin.com/our-services/botox-and-dysport

1. I am using the overlay popup method to show the first video and I'd like to show the video larger in the popup. I tried changing the iframe size in the class_ytvw_video_widget.php but that does not seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

2. The video thumbnail does not have a play icon like the popover video does. I'm afraid without the play icon, people wont know it's a video. Can I have the play icon there? Can I trick it and have my own image there?

• Development Design
    • The Crimson Coder

In response to #1 if you use Chrome and click on the expanded video in the popup and right click "inspect element" on the larger outermost part of the popup it will show you the code of the popup.

You can edit the code inline or the css on the right, in the screen (developer mode) so that you can see the correct size to screen ratio of the popup. If you click on the link within but at the top of the specific box of the code that you used to correctly alter your popup. That link will take you directly to the file that you can edit in the wordpress editor or whatever code program you are using. Likely the style.css file... get yourself a good idea of where you are in the style.css file on the developer mode of the screen and then find that same point and make the same changes in the actual code of your website.

• Development Design
    • The Crimson Coder

Let me know if you need any more help with this. I am telling you this from my experience of similar situations. I am not completely sure about the interaction with the plugin but it should work because it works on the core level. I just started using WPMU Dev yesterday so take from it what you will.

• gediweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Dylan thnx! I'll look at the source.

@Tom Eagles

I didnt even notice the play button all the way down at the bottom....

The second video is one I plan to change to the "Featured Video"

What I'm talking about is the first image. You probably didnt even realize it's a video! That play button should be over the first image since that's the only Featured Video on that page.

• gediweb

So I figured out why the play button was so far down. It's set to be {top: 1000px;}

I tested it with Chrome Inspect Element and set it to 100px and it lays over the correct place. So I added the override into my stylesheet and that seems to work. The play button is over the correct image.

Now to #1 of my questions. Where would I make the video larger in the popup? I cant seem to figure it out inspecting the code.

• Development Design
    • The Crimson Coder

#2... Again, I'm not very familiar with this plugin yet, but if you can use a photo as the thumbnail you can place one in the thumbnail with Photoshop or Illustrator or the like.
    #1 I tried looking at the code as well and I wasnt able to see anything to adjust. There is only the blue screen overlay dimensions. I think it could have something to do with the other plugin that you tried to use. Maybe if you take that one off we can see the code again and adjust it because I saw it referenced the other plugin where we could potentially alter the size.

...I tried. Good Luck

• gediweb

@Dylan, thanks for trying. This plugin does not allow the use of a custom thumbnail. It auto-creates one. And the play image is one that is overlayed automatically by the plugin.

Something is wrong here. I hope the developer of the plugin can help... Otherwise I will need to try another plugin

• gediweb

Just did a live chat with @Vladislav, who I believe is the plugin developer. Found a major setback with the plugin. You can have only one instance of the widget with the same setting. Meaning I can't have different selected featured videos on different pages.

Soooo will be deleting it and looking for other plugins that will allow me to display video in a lightbox...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.