- Getting Started
- WPMU DEV
- Installing Plugins & Themes Via Composer
- Using WPMU DEV
- Installing the WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin
- Download WPMU DEV Plugins & Themes
- Download Plugin & Theme Previous Versions
- WPMU DEV Translations
- How to Open a Support Ticket
- Get Support from the Community
- Getting Live Support
- Grant WPMU DEV Support Access
- Support vs Custom Development
- How Free Trials Work
- Live Chat – House Rules
- The Good Support Ticket
- Plugins & Themes
- Setup, Usage & Integration
Enabling WordPress Themes on a per site basis
Any theme that has not been activated for the entire network can be activated on a site as follows:
1. Locate the site you want to enable specific themes on by searching for the site using Sites in the Network Admin dashboard
2. Once you have located the site, click on Edit (hovering your mouse over the domain name brings up the action menu)
3. Click on the Theme tab on the Edit Site page
4. Select the themes you want to make available to this site.
This can be done two different ways:
- Activate them individually by selecting “Network Activate” under each Theme title you wish to activate.
- Activate multiple themes all at once using the check boxes and bulk actions drop down menu.
1. Select Themes by clicking each check box for each theme you wish to activate.
- This is useful if you have a lot of themes available over the span of your network and want to save time.
2. Choose the Action by clicking on the drop down menu, and then selecting which action you would like to apply to the selected items.
- Network Activate will make the item available across your whole multisite network.
- Network Deactivate will make the item unavailable across your whole multisite network.
- Update will automatically update the item to the newest version if an update is available.
3. After selecting your items and bulk action, you must then click the “Apply” button to ensure your selected changes are finalized.
Only themes that haven’t been enabled across the entire network are shown on this page in the Network Admin Dashboard.
Once enabled the themes will be made available for use by site admin users and be listed in Appearance > Themes in the Site Admin dashboard for that site.
Using Pro Sites Plugin for Premium themes
You can also limit themes on a per site basis using the Pro sites plugin. The Pro sites plugin allows you to select premium themes for Pro sites only.
The idea is you make the best and nicest themes available on Pro sites so users will want to sign up to access the themes.
Doing this is very simple:
1. Install and network activate the Pro sites plugin.
2. Go to Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways in the network admin dashboard.
3. Enable Premium Themes and then Save Changes.
4. Go to Pro Sites > Premium themes.
5. Select Pro from the drop down menu next to the theme(s) you want to make available to pro sites only and then click Save Changes.
- Only themes that haven’t been enabled network wide will be listed on this page.
- Find the theme you wish to upgrade, and then select “Pro” from the drop down menu for that item.
- Don’t forget to save you changes!
6. Your Premium Themes are listed in Appearance > Themes. Your free users will see a Pro Only link below Premium themes and need to upgrade to Pro to activate the theme.