- Getting Started
- WPMU DEV
- Installing Plugins & Themes Via Composer
- Using WPMU DEV
- Installing the WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin
- Download WPMU DEV Plugins & Themes
- Download Plugin & Theme Previous Versions
- WPMU DEV Translations
- How to Open a Support Ticket
- Get Support from the Community
- Getting Live Support
- Grant WPMU DEV Support Access
- Support vs Custom Development
- How Free Trials Work
- Live Chat – House Rules
- The Good Support Ticket
- Plugins & Themes
- Setup, Usage & Integration
Mu-plugins (also known as ‘must use’ plugins) are the plugins located in the “mu-plugins” folder; these are activated by default affecting all sites on a WordPress Multisite installation.
- 95 % of WPMU DEV plugins are now designed to be installed in the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site. However, a few like multi-DB, domain mapping, mutli-domains, additional tags need to be installed in the /wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder
- Always read carefully all installation instructions for the plugin — since some plugins involve uploading php files and folders to a range of different locations.
Setting up your mu-plugins folder
Before you can install mu-plugins on your WordPress Multisite installation you need to create a mu-plugins folder by following these instructions.
You install mu-plugins using FTP as shown in the following video tutorial:
Alternatively, refer to these detailed ‘how-to’ instructions.