- Getting Started
- WPMU DEV
- Installing Plugins & Themes Via Composer
- Using WPMU DEV
- Installing the WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin
- Download WPMU DEV Plugins & Themes
- Download Plugin & Theme Previous Versions
- WPMU DEV Translations
- How to Open a Support Ticket
- Get Support from the Community
- Getting Live Support
- Grant WPMU DEV Support Access
- Support vs Custom Development
- How Free Trials Work
- Live Chat – House Rules
- The Good Support Ticket
- Plugins & Themes
- Setup, Usage & Integration
Setting up your Support Email Account in cPanel
When your users register for a site /username all welcome emails are sent from the email address specified in the Network Admin email area of Settings in the Network Admin Dashboard.
As part of your business brand and online identity it’s best for this email to be sent from your domain name e.g. support.edutags.net. You could also use this same email address for dealing with your users’ support and sales inquiries.
To enable this you will first need to set up your email accounts associated with your domain. While you can manage your email account through cPanel it is easier to configure your email to work with a mail client such as Gmail or Google Apps
Creating your email account using cPanel
1. Log into cPanel using the account details supplied by your hosting company.
The appearance of cPanel does vary slightly depending on what theme your hosting company uses.
2. Scroll down to the Mail section of cPanel and click on Email Accounts.
3. Create a new email account by adding the email address and password then click Create Account.
Configuring your email account to work with Gmail
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Go to Settings > Accounts and Imports > Add a POP3 mail account you own.
3. Enter the email address of your account and click Next Step.
6. Enter your username, password, select your preferred options and click Add Account.
You add the password you used for your email account in cPanel
7. Now set up your Gmail account so you can send emails from your support email account by clicking Next Step
8. Select Send through Gmail and click Next Step.
9. Click Send Verification to verify that you own this email address.
10. A verification email will be sent to your Gmail account. Just click on the link to confirm the request or enter your confirmation code.
Once done you will now automatically receive all emails from your domain’s email account and be able to send emails using this email address through Gmail.