- Getting Started
- WPMU DEV
- Installing Plugins & Themes Via Composer
- Using WPMU DEV
- Installing the WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin
- Download WPMU DEV Plugins & Themes
- Download Plugin & Theme Previous Versions
- WPMU DEV Translations
- How to Open a Support Ticket
- Get Support from the Community
- Getting Live Support
- Grant WPMU DEV Support Access
- Support vs Custom Development
- How Free Trials Work
- Live Chat – House Rules
- The Good Support Ticket
- Plugins & Themes
- Setup, Usage & Integration
Site Theme Options
WordPress and WordPress Multisite comes with one default theme (Twenty Ten 1.0) installed.
To extend available themes you’ll need to install extra themes on your install.
Not all themes that work on a single install of WordPress work well with WordPress Mutlisite.
When choosing a good WordPress Multisite theme look for features such as:
1. No code edits
3. Simplicity of use
All themes downloadable from WPMU DEV themes have been completely tested and customized to work with both WordPress and WordPress Multisite.
This means you’re not going to have to upload a single file, edit a single line of html, php or CSS or concern yourself with bugs or issues; they’re ready to use as is!
Here’s a quick overview of the WPMU DEV themes:
- Farms 133 Pack – this is the ultimate WordPress and WordPress Multisite theme pack. Check out our Review of these themes for more information.
- Help, Support and FAQ theme – this was the original theme used on the Edublogs Help and Support site. Well suited for creating a great help site for your users.
- WPMU-Dixi -highly customizable theme that includes optional RSS feed for up to 4 feeds on the front page.
- WPMU-Nelo – see this theme in use on Sample Academic blog
- WPMU-triden includes the option of a custom image gallery – see this theme in use on Sample Student portfolio
- Farms 100 pack – the original Farms 100 theme pack — has been replaced with Farms 133 Pack so when you download you get the updated 133 Pack.
- The Edublogs Homepage Theme – this was the original theme used on Edublogs.
All WPMU DEV BuddyPress themes are also designed to be used on both WordPress and WordPress Multisite.
Any themes downloaded from sites other than WPMU DEV themes should be thoroughly tested by uploading each theme to your WordPress Multisite install, and enabling it just for a test account.
Activate the theme on the test site taking notes of any errors which occur. Only enable the theme network wide once you have fixed all issues with the theme.
Installing New Themes