Yes it was iTheme Security. Whats bugging me I shut off all plugins except wp-remote and the dashboard. then when the dashboard was shut it worked. I tested before and after.
Might have been something that was written in htaccess with iTheme Security when I disabled it this time it took it out.
BUt whatever it was it fixed now.
You have to be kidding me you want be to create a multisite with domain mapping with domains I do not have. and Time to do this I do not have.
I have had about enough of this If I disable the Dashboard plugin it will work what part of that are you missing.
I had this type of problem before and an update fixed it.
Hay here's an idea Maybe ask the developer for help!!!
Cloudflare is not active on this site.
I switched theme and same results found no updates
Not sure what the theme conflict is. but I did switch to 2015 theme and it had the same problem
Like I said as soon as the dashboard plugin is disabled the updates show up.