THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH for figuring this out, and getting to the bottom of it for us! We were contemplating cancelling our WPMDev account due to this not working (due to it being one of the main reasons why we signed-up w/ you guys in the first place), but your investigative efforts (and resolution) just stopped us for abandoning ship! :3 D
We've now re-enabled Automate's "Auto backup before every update" feature on our TEMultiSub site, so Automate should be working as intended on it now. The downside to this is that this "TEMultiSUB" site (which we stood-up solely for you guys to use to get to the bottom of this) is virtually a brand new site with not many plugins - and all of its plugins are currently up-to-date. So its now not a good candidate to test Automate on, at this point in time.
When would version 188.8.131.52 be released by chance? And if its release is far-off, is there anyway you guys could apply this fix to some of our other sites (in the meantime) as well to ensure all is well with our issue? We've purposely locked-down our "AfroFizz.com" site (which is still under development) and haven't updated any of its plugins for a while now so we can use it to test this resolution out (once it was found). Could you guys possibly apply this fix to our "AfroFizz.com" site for us so we can see where everything stands?
Please advise, and once again - THANK YOU!!!
Will do Nastia, and I'll do this here shortly...
BTW - (in regards to our security plugin that initially blocked you) - we've decided to implement this testing on an entirely new WordPress site that we've set up, that’s experiencing the exact same issues that our “AfroFizz.com” site is. It is also a multisite, sub-domain WordPress site like our "AfroFizz.com" site, but doesn't have all of the additional plugins that AfroFizz.com has (to eliminate the possibility of one of those plugins effecting Automate and/or SnapShot) – including the “Securi” firewall plugin that initially blocked you. It also doesn’t yet have any sub-site/sub-domains setup, to keep things even more simpler. The only plugins (besides your "WPMUDev" plugin) that it has installed is our "iThemes Security Defender Pro" plugin to simply keep the site safe-and-secure while its online (as your "Defender" plugin plays quite nicely with "iThemes Security Pro" plugin if conflicting features aren't turned on), and our “Akismet Anti-Spam” plugin. This route should enable your troubleshooting efforts to go much more smoother and a lot faster!
Now that we’ve got this troubleshooting WordPress site setup (which is named “TEMultiSub.com” btw), I’ll move forward with setting up everything else that you’ve asked me to send to you (in your secure contact form), and will inform you that it’s been sent via a follow-up post made here.
No worries - I was informed of the solution when chatting with another one of your support reps one day. Seems as though we simply wasn't hitting the "update" button before hitting the "generate new codes" button. It wasn't apparent that you have to hit this "update" button before hitting the "generate new codes" button if we didn't wan't to change the interval from what it was already on (60 days), but you do. We're good on this now though. Thanks!