Compatibility WordPress 4.2.2 BuddyPress 2.3.2
A/B Theme Testing integrates with Google Analytics to let you test two or more WordPress themes against each other.
Improve your conversions, reduce bounce rates and increase pageviews without having to get involved in any code.
Find What Works
You can compare two themes with minor differences, or completely different designs. Distribute your visitors evenly across all the different themes and introduce custom variations to Analytics.
You don’t need to be an SEO expert, let A/B Theme Testing do the hard work.
Then all you have to do is collect the data.
It Works…We Tried It
We were able to measure the difference between ‘get this plugin’ and download this plugin’, and also the position of buttons, just by using four different WordPress themes with a few different tweaks.
We’ve gone on to improve, support and update this plugin for thousands of users.
Give A/B Theme Testing a go and you won’t be disappointed – create a more user friendly experience and start making more money.
Start by reading Installing Plugins section in our comprehensive WordPress and WordPress Multisite Manual if you are new to WordPress.
Now includes support for child-themes too. How awesome is that?
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the ab-theme-test folder to the /wp-content/plugins/
4. Login to your admin panel for WordPress or BuddyPress and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the A/B Theme Testing Plugin.
Simply head to Appearance > A/B Theme Testing and set up your theme testing as follows:
1. Select Enable Theme Testing
2. Add your Google Analytics Tracking code
3. Choose whether you do or don’t want to track on Admin pages
4. Select the themes you want to test
5. Click Update Options