Ad Sharing allows you to offer advertising revenue to users on your single site or Multisite network.
One of the best ways to attract new users to your site or network is to offer them a cut of the advertising profits from their blogs. Ad Sharing lets you do just that.
Ad Sharing makes it easy to split revenue in a fair way based on the number of impressions on users’ blogs.
The plugin keeps track of all the numbers for you, splitting revenue based on your selections.
Add this as a new feature to monetize your network and encourage your users to start generating more income for you–and for themselves.
Advantages of Ad Sharing
You’ve put in the hard work to get your network up and running so why not make some money?
- Fair, equitable and very attractive way to share ad revenue
- No need to touch the code or alter template files to insert ad codes
- Use any advertising partners you want – AdSense, context ads, etc.
- Sharing revenue motivates your users to promote your site
Ad Sharing is Easy to Use
You don’t need to edit theme files. Simply install and activate the plugin and choose:
- To display ads before and/or after your content
- Impressions split you would like to make with your users
- Code you would like displayed
Users can then enter their own advertising code and if they choose not to then you get 100% of the revenue.
To Get Started:
Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
- If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
For single-site use:
In your dashboard, go to Settings > Advertising to configure the plugin settings.
Select your Ad Sharing percentage from the following defaults:
- Site 25% / User 75%
- Site 50% / User 50%
- Site 75% / User 25%
- Before Post Content
- After Post Content
- Before Page Content
- After Page Content
Ads per page
“Before” and “After” Ad Code
For Multisite use:
In your Network Admin dashboard, go to Settings > Advertising to configure the plugin settings.
You’ll see all the same settings as described above for single-site.
Additionally, you’ll see a Main Blog drop-down where you can decide whether or not to show ads on the main blog.
Once you’ve saved your Advertising settings in Network Admin, your Users will be able to set up their own ads using Settings > Advertising area of their blog. They’ll see settings similar to the Author Advertising page in single-site as shown above.
- If they don’t set up their own ads you’ll get 100% of the revenue.
We hope you enjoy using Ad Sharing!
If you have trouble with any aspect of configuration, code or general usage, or if you have a cool feature suggestion to make, please head on over to the community forums where support staff and other helpful members are waiting to lend a hand.