This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video is a step-by-step guide to adding an image to a post or a page from another site using a URL.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Add Image from URLs’ tutorial covers:
- Copying an image URL
- ‘Insert from URL’
- Image settings
- Limitations when using URL’s
You can include images on your site that are hosted at other locations on the web. When you find the image you want to use, hover over the image, right click on it and copy the link (The ‘Copy Image URL’ wording will vary depending on your browser).
Once your link is copied, from the page and post editor click the ‘Add Media’ button. In the sidebar of the ‘Insert Media’ screen you will find the ‘Insert from URL’ option.
Paste the URL of the image you want to display on your site where it says ‘http://’. The image will appear along with options to add a ‘Caption’, ‘Alternate Text’, ‘Alignment’ settings and options for setting where the image links to. Once the image is set the way you would like, click the ‘Insert Into Post’ button.
Keep in mind that using images hosted by others means you don’t have full control over them. If the image source file is moved, deleted or changed it will effect your site as well.
Give your users, clients and internal staff another great resource for sharing and displaying images on your site or network with this quality ‘Add Image from URLs’ tutorial.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)
Add Image From URL is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Add Image From URL will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Add Image From URL
- Add Image From URL is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.