This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video is an introduction to uploading media to WordPress through the ‘File Uploader’.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Upload Media’ tutorial covers:
- Finding ‘Upload New Media’
- Drag-and-Drop uploader
- File selector
- Accessing the media editor
WordPress offers a simple drag-and-drop Media Uploader with multi-file selection for adding files to the ‘Media Library’ quickly and efficiently. To open the ‘Upload New Media’ screen hover over ‘Media’ in the sidebar of the Dashboard and click ‘Add New’.
You can ‘Upload New Media’ by dropping a file where it says ‘Drop Files Here’. Clicking ‘Select Files’ opens a desktop file browser for searching and uploading files from your computer. When a file is added a progress bar will appear. When the upload is complete a link to access the media editor will appear letting you know your files are ready for use.
If your browser is having trouble connecting with the WordPress uploader you can switch to the built-in file uploader by clicking the ‘browser uploader’ link.
This introduction to uploading media will give your users, clients and internal staff the toolset they need for adding content to the ‘Media Library’.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)
Adding Media is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Adding Media will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Adding Media
- Adding Media is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.