This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video looks at the ‘Add New Post’ feature in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
This ‘Add New Post’ tutorial covers:
- Finding the ‘Add New Post’ screen
- An overview of post creation
- Formatting and structure options
- Publishing posts
Posts were uniquely designed to keep a steady flow of new content on your site while maintaining organization. To create a new post hover over ‘Posts’ in your dashboard and click ‘Add New’. The first text field on the ‘Add New Post’ screen is for creating a title.
The next box is for content creation. You can either type or copy-and-paste content prepared in another text editor. Above the text editor you will find a list of tools for formatting your text. To the right and below the text editor you will find modules for organization and further customization.
To save the content of your post without making it go live on your site click ‘Save Draft’ in the ‘Publish’ module. Clicking ‘Preview’ will let you see what your new post will look like when published. If your are ready to share your post with the world click ‘Publish’ and the content will be added to your site.
Keep fresh content moving on your WordPress site or network by providing your users, clients or internal staff with this introduction to ‘Add New Post’.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)