- Fix: PHP7 Compatibility
- Fix: PHP7 Compatibility
- Fix for Admin vs Super Admin level permissions
- Bug fix: nonce not defined during queue processing
- Enhancement: allow admin page access to all users who have edit_users
- Enhancement: singlesite support
- Fix fatal error with current_user_can
- 3.1+ compatibility update.
- Security fixes.
- WP 3.0 Multi-Site compatibility. This version is NOT backwards compatible.
- Add up to 15 new users at a time
- Set user role for each new member
- Set username, email address, and password
- Send new users an email with account info
- For WordPress, Multisite, and BuddyPress
- Save time with bulk user creation
Add New Users lets you quickly add multiple users to your site without wearing out your mouse clicking “Add New”.
Do you find it frustrating adding new users to your site one-by-one? We do! So we created Add New Users.
Adding new users is simple
This plugin has been so popular with Multisite and BuddyPress site owners that we’ve made it available for single WordPress installs. Create and add new users in bulk batches of 15.
Creating and adding new users to a site is now as simple as entering a username, an email address, a password (if you wish) and select the level of access to grant to each user.
All new users will receive an email containing their new username, password and login link.
Add Users and Sites Faster
Do you need to add existing users in batches of up to 15? Give the Add Existing Users plugin a try.
If you want your new users to have their own site we have a tool for that too – Blog and User Creator.
And, to create hundreds or thousands of sites and users automatically we created Batch Create.
Start by reading Installing plugins section in our comprehensive
WordPress and WordPress Multisite Manual if you are new to WordPress.
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload /add-new-users/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
4. Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- For WordPress Multisite installs – visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
Note: If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
That’s it! No configuration necessary!
A new menu item called Add New Users should appear under the Users navigation menu. It is designed for quickly creating and adding new users to a site in batches of up to 15 users.
- The users are immediately added to the site and automatically listed as users on theUsers page.
- They can only access features in the site’s administration panel based on the role they’ve been assigned
- Spam filters, especially strict ones for institutional email addresses, often block the emails that the login details. If unsure
use free webmail accounts such as gmail, hotmail that don’t block these invitation emails.
- Use only lowercase letters and numbers, with no spaces, in the username
- The username is what they use to sign into the dashboard and is displayed on posts and comments they write. You can’t change a username, however you can change what name is displayed.
- It won’t allow you to create several usernames with the same email address because the system resets password based on email address. But you can trick it using the gmail+ method
To add the new users, blog administrators simply enter:
- The username they would like to give them
- Their email address
- A password for the user (if they want otherwise a random password will be automatically generated)
- Assign their role – you can find out more about different levels of access here.
Add New Users is covered by the WPMU DEV Guarantee
We guarantee that...
- Add New Users will work as advertised
- You will receive 24/7 365 expert support for any problem
- If you cancel your FREE trial, you can keep Add New Users
- Add New Users is secure, always updated and well coded
Money back guarantee!
While you have 30 days, no obligations risk-free trial of WPMU DEV if you become a paid member and are dissatisfied with any of the above we'll refund you, no questions asked.