Compatibility WordPress 4.1 Multisite 4.1
"Great support, great plugins, always updated, what more could a WP developer ask for? Thanks WPMU DEV!"
Admin Help Content lets you remove, change or add to the content in the WordPress help drop-down menu.
More Meaningful Help
Tailor the help menu to meet the specific needs of your clients. Share videos and answer questions specific to your network. Provide custom support links and answer common questions.
The default ‘Help’ information points your users to the WordPress codex and forums for support.
Rather than confusing users and clients by redirecting them to WordPress, provide direct access to your support team, helping build residual income.
To fully customize your help menu and every element of the WordPress dashboard from front to back, check out Ultimate Branding.
Note: If you have an older versions of this plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate. Or you can activate it on a site-by-site basis if you want to, say, offer this plugin as a premium plugin with Pro Sites.
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
Once installed and activated, you’ll find the options panel under Settings > Admin Help Content. Note that if activated on individual sites in a multisite, the options will be available for each site where it is active.
When network-activated, the options will be in the network admin under Settings > Admin Help Content.
The settings panel is quite straightforward, but let’s take a look at each setting.
1. The Existing Help Items area will display all your current custom help content items. If you have just installed the plugin, only the default item will be shown.
2. The Add New Help Item area is where you enter each new custom help item you want.
- Simply enter the title and content in the corresponding textareas.
- Feel free to use any HTML you need to format your content. You can even embed videos too!
3. Any content you add to the Help Sidebar area will appear in, well, the help sidebar. :)
- Again, you can use HTML here to format the content.
- Note that any content added here will override the default sidebar content.
4. A few additional options here:
- Check Do not show new help panels in Network Admin area if you don’t want or don’t need your custom content to appear in the network admin. Note that this setting only appears if network activated.
- Check Keep default help items (if any) and merge the new ones with them if you want your custom content to be added after the default WordPress help content. If you want the default content to be replaced with your custom content, do not check this box.
Once you have entered your custom help content items and saved your settings, your new help menus could look much like the following screenshots. The 1st one shows the details of how your titles appear; the 2nd shows the help sidebar content.
We hope you enjoy using Admin Help Content. If you need a hand with any aspect of the configuration, or have a feature suggestion, please drop by the community forums where staff and other members are standing by to help.
Want even more customization possibilities for your admin? Check out our Ultimate Branding plugin which includes the Admin Help Content module among many others.
Admin Help Content Features
Get incredible control of your help menu.
- Add custom menu items
- Remove existing help content
- HTML compatibility
- Show links, images, videos and other content
- Simple one-page configuration
- Manage both default and custom help items
- Add custom sidebar message
- Set help menu overwrite
- Remove help drop-down from the Network admin toolbar
- Provide direct links to support
- Create network specific help tools
- Point users to your team