Compatibility WordPress 4.1.1 Multisite 4.1.1 BuddyPress 2.2.1
"As good as many $30 a month subscription services, and it's built into WordPress!"
"It is awesome for making sure I don't overbook myself and making it easy for my potential clients to schedule time with me."
"There are no other appointment plugins offering the same features. I specifically like the way you can customize it–and very important, sync with Google Calendar."
Appointments + is a powerful, flexible, feature-rich plugin for accepting, setting and managing bookings on your site.
Do you constantly swap between your website and an appointment booking system, juggling calls and missing new clients who fall through the cracks? Ditch your diary and save a fortune in time and money with Appointments +
Appointments + Does It All
Appointments + is the most comprehensive bookings plugin available for WordPress.
It’s ideal for businesses and individuals who schedule times with clients, such as web designers, salons and photographers.
Book an Appointment in Just Three Clicks
Let customers book their own appointments and use Paypal to collect payments and deposits right out of the box. No button creation or coding necessary.
You can even integrate the plugin with Membership by WPMU DEV to offer discounts and payment vouchers to existing members of your site.
Customize Your Appointment Calendar
Set custom profiles for staff members and have Appointments + display their available time slots automatically.
Find your visitors the perfect fit with the ability to filter team members by desired service.
Integrate Appointments + with Google Calendar
Admins and clients can save appointments directly to Google Calendar without any special configuration.
Or, fully integrate Google Calendar with API credentials and push schedule changes made in Google Calendar back to your site.
For help and information on installing plugins you can view our Installing WordPress Plugins Manual.
Check out this extensive tutorial on building your first Appointments based site. Or, watch our video tutorial series:
Appointments + Video Tutorials
Once you Activate the plugin you will see a menu appear on the Menu Bar labeled Appointments.
You will see three sub-menus appear when you click on the menu item. We will tackle each separately and in order.
Clicking Appointments brings you to the hub of your appointments list. You will see that your appointments will be separated by status: Active, Pending, Completed and Removed. You can view each by clicking on their respective links, and each page will show the Client and Service basic info as below. At the top of the page you will see an Add New button, just like you use to create a new page or post. Click that and you can Add a new appointment manually to your calendar.
The New Appointment Menu is pretty self explanatory. There is a place for the client’s infomation, the Service information (that will populate from the menus you fill in later) and a place for notes. Last but not least you can set the status before Saving. There is a built in tutorial that covers this as well, I will show you where to find that, just in-case you have any questions or forget something.
Here you will see your transactions if you are taking payments or deposits. These are also grouped: Recent, Pending and Future. Each accessible by clicking their respective links. You cannot manually add a transaction, the plugin will only record what is recorded through PayPal.
And now the meat of this beast…
The Settings menu will greet you with a Tutorial. You should pay attention to that :)
It will tell you what you need to know about setting up the plugin and the tabs you see here. Most are pretty easy to understand and the plugin options are very well annotated, so you should have no trouble. We can pop through and summarize them here, one by one, but I will draw your attention to the FAQ tab first.
Here is where you will find info on everything you need in this plugin, ready for immediate access! The TWO most important pieces of information on this page, for those who are just installing or learning how to use the plugin, are the two links at the top. These will start (or restart) the tutorials on the Settings menu options and Entering and Editing Appointments.
Now, let’s backtrack. Starting off at the first tab:
These settings are the heart and soul of your setup. Pay special attention to the General Settings box at the top of the page. Especially the Time base value. Time Base the most important parameter of Appointments+. It is the minimum time that you can select for your appointments. Everything time related will work off of this value. The remaining boxes allow you to set your
- Display: create an appointment page, it’s display, client information boxes and a place to add Custom CSS.
- Client Accessibility: you can choose whether or not to require login before scheduling
- Payment Settings: choose whether you will accept payments
- Notification Settings: option to set up confirmation and reminder emails for client and/or providers
- Performance Settings: Caching options
Set your ours of operation and Break Times. Think Business Hours and ‘Out to Lunch‘. You can even specify different hours for different service providers. Makes it easy to keep track of differing schedules!
Days off, holidays, scheduled maintenance, etc. You can add them all here. You can also define working days that are normally non-work days (i.e. a particular Sunday). These are also able to be set per service provider.
What do you do?! What do you provide?! This is where you lay it all out. Set a capacity, price and even a description page.
Not required that you have more than person available doing what gets done, but if you do, here is where you keep track of them all. You can even add Additional fees and assign more than one service to a provider. Even attach them to a Bio page. Note: this tab will not populate until you have at least one service listed in the Services tab.
Heaps of Shortcodes for your use. Insert provider or client specific tables, dropdown of services, table for appointment scheduling, monthly views, social login pagination, list all upcoming appointments, PayPal and a couple of parameters for those.
There is a new shortcode currently in beta (development) that you can try out on your site, which combines service, provider and calendar selection into one AJAX-powered interface. Please let us know in the forums if you have any issues with it:
To use the above shortcode, first enable the AJAX shortcode addon under the Addons tab in the plugin settings.
Keep up with what is happening by checking your Logs. This nifty tab is where you will find updates on everything that happens on your site. Status changes, transactions and the like.
And that’s it! Well not really. You will need to download and install to see the details. This plugin is spectacularly annotated and contains loads of helpful information along the setup process! Enjoy!
30+ Premium Features
Features that rival the most sophisticated – and much more expensive – booking platforms.
- Create unlimited services
- Create unlimited service provider profiles
- Create “black out” dates and times
- Edit schedules from back end of WordPress, on admin or profile pages
- Compatible with BuddyPress
- Short codes for inserting into posts/pages
- Creates automatic appointment page including all required shortcodes
- Display weekly, or monthly schedules
- Limit booking of appointments in advance ( e.g. you can set, say, two days to 365 days from today is allowed)
- Gravatar support for personalizing provider profiles
- Custom Color labels for appointments
- Form auto-fill for repeat clients
- Login with Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or WordPress
- Integrates with WPMU DEV Membership plugin, thus ability to offer discount to certain membership levels
- Integrates with WPMU DEV MarketPress plugin, thus uses its additional payment gateways (PayPal is already included), and also allows for multiple bookings.
- Option to require payments or deposits in advance
- Deposits can be selected as percentage or as fixed amounts
- Synchronizes with your Google Calendar account and automatically updates it
- Send clients appointment reminders
- Take phone appointments manually
- Ability to automatically remove unpaid appointments after a set time
- Multiple custom widgets included
- Documentation inside the plugin including tutorials and FAQ's
- More than 130 custom filter and action hooks
- Support for multiple break times
- Biography and description custom post types
- Define appointment locations
- Add services and workers locations
- Google Maps integration
- Worker calendar shortcodes
- Stay informed with integrated notifications system