This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video will walk your users through ‘Managing Comments’ in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Managing Comments’ tutorial covers:
- Comment notifications
- Approving comments
- Comment filters
- The comment action menu
- The ‘Edit Comment’ screen
Depending how the ‘Discussions’ settings are configured on your site, new comments may need to be approved before they can be seen on your site. When a new comment is made a comment notification will appear next to ‘Comments’ in the WordPress dashboard.
Access the the comment manager by clicking on ‘Comments’ in the sidebar. To view only ‘Pending’ comments, click the ‘Pending’ filter above the list of comments.
Hover over a comment to reveal an action menu with options to ‘Approve’, ‘Reply’, ‘Quick Edit’, ‘Edit’, mark the comment as ‘Spam’ or delete the comment. You can un approve or re approve comments as many times as you like. Clicking ‘Reply’ gives you a quick option for replying right from the ‘Comments’ screen. ‘Edit’ and ‘Quick Edit’ let you make changes to information about the comment author, the status and the comment itself.
If you receive a spam comment, marking the comment as ‘Spam’ will help make the anti-spam plugins on your site get smarter. Deleting a comment will move it to the comments ‘Trash’ folder and be held for thirty days before it is permanently deleted. You can ‘Restore’ or ‘Permanently Delete’ a comment by clicking the ‘Trash’ link on the comments screen and using the action menu that appears when hovering over the items held in the trash.
This ‘Managing Comments’ tutorial will give your users, clients or internal staff a frame work for managing and editing comments inside of WordPress.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)